Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

49 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not now Duncan Donut will be in charge. Going to be some huge tackles going in . He will gee them right up. Once all the aggression is out of the way bring him on for 30 mins

I’ve heard a lot of this sort of stuff about Ferguson over the last few days, he hasn’t got them going under the last 6 managers he’s worked for. 

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Where else can he celebrate a goal on the pitch with the likes of Philippe Coutinho? Villa is the best place for you Carney. Look at JJ. It's only a matter of time before you get there too.

Was it intentional that Coutinho celebrated his goal with him first? 

Perhaps Gerrard told Coutinho to do that? 😏

12 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I would start him against Everton on Saturday, I think he is a better option as a number 10 than playing Ings or Watkins out of position there.

It gives him an opportunity, and shows him that he's a first team player going forward.

Coutinho can then replace him late on.

He's some player, and the stronger he gets the better he will be in the PL.

I'm probably with you. Either that or push Ramsey up alongside Buendia and bring Mcginn back in alongside Sanson and Luiz.
The Ings/Watkins thing isn't working and Ollie deserves to be starting ahead of Ings who is mostly anonymous in games unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He can come on in 8 or 10 position. Which gives even more options for him. As a more attacking substitution in an 8 position like on Saturday

If only he could play as a 6 

12 hours ago, av1 said:

I’ve heard a lot of this sort of stuff about Ferguson over the last few days, he hasn’t got them going under the last 6 managers he’s worked for. 

His caretaker reign was played 4 won 1 lost 3

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

That would be some orchestration. "Score a goal, but make sure that Carney is standing near you when you do, so that he is the one celebrating with you.

If you score a goal and Carney isn't standing nearby, you're fired"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YLN said:

That would be some orchestration. "Score a goal, but make sure that Carney is standing near you when you do, so that he is the one celebrating with you.

If you score a goal and Carney isn't standing nearby, you're fired"

I am a sucker for conspiracy theories as well😎

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

His caretaker reign was played 4 won 1 lost 3

Really?  I'm sure that everything I read said that he was unbeaten P 4 W 1 D 3 L 0??  I prefer your stats for sure and hope that means that we will not be subject to the new manager bouce on Saturday. 🙂

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Really?  I'm sure that everything I read said that he was unbeaten P 4 W 1 D 3 L 0??  I prefer your stats for sure and hope that means that we will not be subject to the new manager bouce on Saturday. 🙂

Actually you are right. I read it wrong 😂

Sorry for the false hope guys 😂

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I would start him against Everton on Saturday, I think he is a better option as a number 10 than playing Ings or Watkins out of position there.

It gives him an opportunity, and shows him that he's a first team player going forward.

Coutinho can then replace him late on.

He's some player, and the stronger he gets the better he will be in the PL.

Not so sure about the start.....but I think he is very close to being consistently used in games.....His presence, power and guile, is becoming  a feature for us.

He made a real impact on United and they seemed unsure how to deal with him.....He is elusive too, he goes from 0-30 in milliseconds, and those long legs are a real threat.

He really isn't, far away from establishing himself at first team level.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, MentalM said:

maybe it was just spontaneous...looks like they have rapport.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He really isn't, far away from establishing himself at first team level.

I think he's still a little distance away from starting games - largely because of how much stronger we are in the positions he plays - Coutinho coming in makes it much more difficult for him to start games as one of our tens, I don't think we can justify picking him over Buendia at the moment and I'm sure we haven't bought Coutinho for the bench. He'll get minutes from both of those two - Coutinho is building fitness and Buendia quite often doesn't finish games - but he'd do very well to start ahead of either of them.

In the midfield row, his task has become harder because of the development of Jacob Ramsey, he's pushed on to such a degree that its hard to consider dropping him, Luiz is playing very well centrally and in the role that Carney is least suited to and McGinn you would imagine will start games too. That's hard on Sanson who has been playing well and I think it'll be hard on Nakamba who despite his excellent form before his injury I think will struggle to get back in. Carney has a fair bit of development to do before he's better in the second row than any of those players, there are signs that he's on the road to that development, but right now, I don't think he's quite up to those five in terms of the work that they do off the ball. When we're chasing a game, we'll sacrifice that for a bit of creativity off the bench and there should be substitute opportunities for him, but I can't see him pushing anyone out of a starting berth there.

I think there are likely to be lots of opportunities for him off the bench, particularly in the short term, so he'll have a chance to show his abilities - but as a note of caution, he'll need to take those chances because when Nakamba and Bailey and Traore are back, there isn't going to be room on the bench for everyone - and it might be the case that by the end of the season, he'll need to be better than Traore to keep a place in the matchday squad.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's still a little distance away from starting games - largely because of how much stronger we are in the positions he plays - Coutinho coming in makes it much more difficult for him to start games as one of our tens, I don't think we can justify picking him over Buendia at the moment and I'm sure we haven't bought Coutinho for the bench. He'll get minutes from both of those two - Coutinho is building fitness and Buendia quite often doesn't finish games - but he'd do very well to start ahead of either of them.

In the midfield row, his task has become harder because of the development of Jacob Ramsey, he's pushed on to such a degree that its hard to consider dropping him, Luiz is playing very well centrally and in the role that Carney is least suited to and McGinn you would imagine will start games too. That's hard on Sanson who has been playing well and I think it'll be hard on Nakamba who despite his excellent form before his injury I think will struggle to get back in. Carney has a fair bit of development to do before he's better in the second row than any of those players, there are signs that he's on the road to that development, but right now, I don't think he's quite up to those five in terms of the work that they do off the ball. When we're chasing a game, we'll sacrifice that for a bit of creativity off the bench and there should be substitute opportunities for him, but I can't see him pushing anyone out of a starting berth there.

I think there are likely to be lots of opportunities for him off the bench, particularly in the short term, so he'll have a chance to show his abilities - but as a note of caution, he'll need to take those chances because when Nakamba and Bailey and Traore are back, there isn't going to be room on the bench for everyone - and it might be the case that by the end of the season, he'll need to be better than Traore to keep a place in the matchday squad.

Yeah, get all that, you know my stance on Luiz, ( further forward for me)so we won't go there...we are in the market for that fix.

I think Carney is very versatile and for an offensive player is not shy of getting his foot in either, which is good.....young players are iffy with consistency, when it comes to concentration and focus, so essentially, I agree with you.

I think Carney is more robust than Traore and at the same time as elusive too.

Bailey, I am not sure what to expect, I think he will be like Buendia, in as much as a slow starter, injuries have not helped.

Nakamba, for me has no peers, he has no one in the squad, quite like him....but I would like to see and upgrade on him, whilst still retaining his services, he is a "Ratter" and we are short of them.

I think most of our midfielders find the press, hard going, when teams stand off us, they start to play....our boys need space to play in, time to think and decide their moves.

I think the first half on Saturday, highlighted much of that....SG signed it off eloquently "Passive", without being overly critical...." some home truths" at half time, spells it out.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have to agree here, thus the best way for him to push on may actually be that loan after all.

I think the key is to have a bit of rotation too. We should give Carney a start at some point and Coutinho on to replace him around 60 mins. Once we have a squad where we're happy with any of them starting a game then we need to make sure they all get minutes. 

I really don't see Bailey having a future at Villa, he is left footed wide player and now has to try adapt to playing as a narrow 10. He'd prefer to be on the right of the 10 positions but Buendia needs to play there as that's his best position.

Carney can get time in 8 and 10 which is an asset for him in getting minutes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â