Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

47 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I wrote a mega rant a while back about Carney, so I've already said my piece but now he has gone / going.... well:

1- It'd be fake for me to wish good luck, I wouldn't mean it, so I guess, "Bad luck mate," enjoy the loans out to Vitesse or wherever you bullsh1tting mercenary. Your word means nothing, Rebekah Vardy's word is worth more than yours. You played this club, mugged it off and I get the feeling this behaviour won't be a one off and will rear its ugly head in the future. You're that type in the game, that much is already clear. Glad that will be somebody else's headache. 

2- Hurry up and p1ss off, get it all wrapped up tomorrow and don't you dare fail that medical. I just want to say, bloody hell Villa... absolutely well done. Villa could only play on with the hand dealt, a player with 11 months left on his contract, who was playing a game and using us, who could leave for <£500k next summer and even finalise a move abroad in Jan '23... to price him at £20m and GET the £20m. Well, hats off. Even if one day in the future he moves for Pogba money (I doubt it) then so what. We got £20m out of it and got rid early. Well done to Purslow and Lange for having the balls and the acumen to go all-in and play that hand, to Gerrard for having the balls to not pander further and isolate him out of the first team, to force Chuk's hand too. This is a fantastic deal for Villa. We are rid of a bad egg, who would have F'd us over in the future in some way for sure. Very often, the outcomes of situations like this, don't work so favourably for the selling club. The scumbag gets the 30 pieces of silver he wanted and we get £20m, win-win, again, well done Villa. Carney, pack your bag and f off out of it.

This entire post is the psychotic rambling of a serial killer who left a trail of Illuminati propaganda after each murder.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, well it could go towards getting a player who could make us better NOW, It could even be the extra 20 mill we needed to get a higher target, or an additional target as opposed to one.

Chuk had absolutely zero effect one the senior squad at present either way , regardless of how people want to spin it.

Chelsea twitter now sound like Tuchel is planning to add Carney to the first team right away and use him. That remains to be seen of course, but interesting if it happens to see what they can get out of him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zak said:

My thoughts are, even if he wasn't holding out, I'd take the £20m. He has shown he is a great U23 player with loads of potential but wasn't anything special in seniors. There's many players who have been in a similar position and not made anything of themselves. I'll take the £20m, he could be ravel Morrison.

or a Scott Sinclair, or Steve Sidwell, or a Scott Parker (sure there are others)

A bit older than Chuck but top talent that went for the 'big' move and hardly got a game and potentially wasted a good part of their career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

I wrote a mega rant a while back about Carney, so I've already said my piece but now he has gone / going.... well:

1- It'd be fake for me to wish good luck, I wouldn't mean it, so I guess, "Bad luck mate," enjoy the loans out to Vitesse or wherever you bullsh1tting mercenary. Your word means nothing, Rebekah Vardy's word is worth more than yours. You played this club, mugged it off and I get the feeling this behaviour won't be a one off and will rear its ugly head in the future. You're that type in the game, that much is already clear. Glad that will be somebody else's headache. 

2- Hurry up and p1ss off, get it all wrapped up tomorrow and don't you dare fail that medical. I just want to say, bloody hell Villa... absolutely well done. Villa could only play on with the hand dealt, a player with 11 months left on his contract, who was playing a game and using us, who could leave for <£500k next summer and even finalise a move abroad in Jan '23... to price him at £20m and GET the £20m. Well, hats off. Even if one day in the future he moves for Pogba money (I doubt it) then so what. We got £20m out of it and got rid early. Well done to Purslow and Lange for having the balls and the acumen to go all-in and play that hand, to Gerrard for having the balls to not pander further and isolate him out of the first team, to force Chuk's hand too. This is a fantastic deal for Villa. We are rid of a bad egg, who would have F'd us over in the future in some way for sure. Very often, the outcomes of situations like this, don't work so favourably for the selling club. The scumbag gets the 30 pieces of silver he wanted and we get £20m, win-win, again, well done Villa. Carney, pack your bag and f off out of it.

May be it’s because I’m southern Italian.. but I get you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Still really can't believe we're getting £20m + Add ons for him when he can leave for nothing in 5 months. 

Any snippets of what the add ons include? 

It’s 15 million. The other 5 million is the add on.

£20m for a prospect that hasn't set the world on fire and wanted out at the first chance despite being given support by a club that wanted him. Can't complain.

Won't wish him well. He's jumped ship as fast as possible, was prepared to leave for nothing, and hasn't done enough to earn the fanbases' respect for his commitment to the cause. There's been pretty weak players that have left that I think would gladly be welcomed back to the club in future and applauded for their efforts. Carney isn't one. He's just another player.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Chelsea twitter now sound like Tuchel is planning to add Carney to the first team right away and use him. That remains to be seen of course, but interesting if it happens to see what they can get out of him now.

Chelsea Twitter probably had Christian Pulisic as a Balon d'or winner a few years ago too. Lol

I doubt most Chelsea fans actually know much about him aside from the " hype " and England under 19s.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

1. Didn't realize I was discrediting anybody.

2.really don't understand the rest of your post. Yes Chelsea is a more prestigious club. I'm not privy to the Chelsea offer. All I said was the villa was reported to make him the highest ever paid teenager.

3. I haven't even mentioned Tuchel 

4. All I said was he's sees his route to the first team blocked at villa. Now I don't know but there's a high probability that is a factor.

5.As someone else posted a couple of Chelsea senior midfielders are expected to move on after next season - Maybe that's what's Chelsea have sold CC ?

Do you think he'll play more minutes for Chelsea this season than he did for us last year?

Do you think he honestly got persuaded by their plans for his first team minutes?

Chelsea have 4 central midfielders that are in their early twenties and are more likely to get game time than Carney. They also have two older central midfielders that will be ahead of him in the pecking order but obviously will be looking to be moved on by Chelsea in a year or two's time. So he's blocked this season, and likely to be 4th choice or below even the season after they get sold.  And that's assuming they don't go out and buy someone with all the FFP cash they have floating around. 

There is no way the path to the first team was blocked here, he was getting more minutes than Sanson and Nakamba last season.  And no way his path to the first team at Chelsea will be easier or more sudden than his one here. If Chelsea have sold him that vision to persuade him to join, they'll end up with a very miserable player when he doesn't get the game time that he thinks he deserves. 

He'll enjoy the lifestyle, his agent and whoever was advising him will enjoy the massive fees they received as part of this deal,  and he'll enjoy earning a lot of money (that I suspect he'd have got had he stayed here anyway). He won't be enjoying more game time.

You also seem to be using this as a stick to beat the club with.  They already gave him more playing minutes than he deserved, significantly more playing minutes than any other u19 in the league, and reportedly offered him the highest youth salary in the country. What more could they possibly have done to persuade him to stay?

Edited by MrBlack
Typos

£15-20 million is amazing business, well done Villa for maximising the income for a player who wanted away. It is clear we are in very good hands financially. As for the player I wish him well, he has moved to a top 4 team where there is no hiding place, I hope he makes it and that England get the benefit of it in years to come.

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I wasn't saying 20m is a poor fee by the way, I think its very good considering the circumstances but likewise we'd be delighted if we poached the best U20 talent for 20m. I just don't think 20m is a lot of money in football now.

Can't do anything about him wanting to leave and it's win win for everyone but I hope it's not do with him feeling there's no pathway to the first team/starting 11 for him. Top clubs can offer more minutes and I hope other youth players don't look elsewhere to get minutes down the line.

that's the conundrum of FFP these days. Youth team sales has allowed Chelsea and City to have a lot more financial flexibility when signing starting XI players. It's all good if we are looking to become that type of team that consistently is known for promoting youth into the first team, but that likely means we won't be competing for top 6. Getting in at the right time and selling players for more than they are worth is how we advance up the PL food chain, and youth players are generally mostly a part of it

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Isn’t he the highest rated young player in the English youth set up? There was bound to be competition for him and Chelsea are probably pretty comfortable that he’ll be seen as a bargain in a few years time. 

Isn't Haaland the highest rated player in world football and BD only got 51m for him? Not great business from BD. Villa could have lost Chuk for a few hundred grand next summer and Purslow managed to get 20m. That looks like good management of our assets to me

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â