Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

41 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I agree with Gerrards stance. If he's not committed he shouldn't be around the first team and hinder the progress of other, committed youth players in the long run. 

I do agree with it, ultimately any game time for him this season could be wasted if we lose him next.

Part of me says if he’s that good surely you take him, he gets in the team realises he’s getting time and signs a contract. He’s also still young so needs 2/3 years of progression anyway. 

It will be more about a precedent, that young players can’t hold the club to ransom I assume. Prove yourself first, big contract second. 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Villa are poaching every kid in academies up and down the country the past few years for a pittance of a development fee.

One of them decides he doesn't want to play for us (possibly) and everyone loses their mind.

Villa fans in "I don't care what happens at <x> club, only at Villa" shocker.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

NMA - EPL Transfer Spotlight: Aston Villa's Boubacar Kamara - Never Manage  Alone

As I stated, Kamara signed a multi year professional contract and Marseille had last summer and the summer before to sell him for a fee.

He's nearly exactly 4 years older than Carney. So he would have signed a 4 year contract this summer when he was Carneys age at Marseille.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Punish an 18 year old kid for not making a decision on a contract he still has a year to sign, that's going to make him want to sign it even more. Nice one Stevie.

Hard to say cos we still know very very little 

But it is surprising we're showing him the stick rather than the carrot 

Can only assume there's more to it and Gerrard has actually spoken to him and explained this to him (I hope so anyway) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Punish an 18 year old kid for not making a decision on a contract he still has a year to sign, that's going to make him want to sign it even more. Nice one Stevie.

If the contract has been on the table as long as it's been mooted, then I imagine it's more a case of wanting him to make a decision than "punishment".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He can be talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract in 6 months.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Can only assume there's more to it and Gerrard has actually spoken to him and explained this to him (I hope so anyway) 

I hope so too, but I can't see how leaving him out of a preseason tour accomplishes anything. If anything, it sounds like the kind of event that would push him over the line. It'd be his first overseas tour with the first team. I'd bet he was looking forward to this for some time.

Disappointing news. People who say he's not a 'generational talent' are possibly right if the definition of that is a Messi or Ronaldo or even a Michael Owen, but he's definitely the most naturally talented in our Academy and I'm pretty certain he will go on to become a top PL footballer and quite possibly have the England team built around him if he progresses as expected. Compare him to Grealish at the same age and he's a fair bit better for me, Grealish was on loan at Notts County in League 1 at 18, and add to that Grealish indulged in an unhealthy lifestyle whereas Carney seems the complete opposite to that. It's probably harder breaking into a team compared to when Grealish broke through because the amount of money top-level clubs spend in this country has gone through the roof, but even so I'd expect Carney to go on to be a better player. I think those not accepting that he has huge potential are in denial.

Then again, not much we can do on our side. He's the one dragging his heels on this. Gerrard is right to leave him at home I feel, and if we don't get an offer we deem to be acceptable this summer it could mean a year wasted for Carney because there is absolutely no point in developing a player that is going to leave on a free in 12 months time. 

Strange that Luiz is out in Oz and still in the plans, whether that suggests he is about to sign a new contract I have no idea. 

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Villa are poaching every kid in academies up and down the country the past few years for a pittance of a development fee.

One of them decides he doesn't want to play for us (possibly) and everyone loses their mind.

We are signing those players for fees we agree with their clubs. Players moving between clubs in UK requires a fee, clubs 99% of the time agree that between themselves or it gets referred to a tribunal to set. 

Players moving abroad however move for training costs only. This is the difference. If we played Carney could only move to a UK club we would be best served developing him more next season as the fee we get is based off Prem mins etc.. so we are financially compensated for our development of the player.

The plan for Carney to move abroad means no fee, which bumps up his wages as a result and he can play different clubs in Europe off each other from Jan onwards. 

This is where the issue is with Carney vs younger players we sign from Clubs in UK. We can't sign players under 18 from outside UK

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love how this has been used as a stick to beat Gerrard with from the non believers.  

I think this is one of the best moments in Gerrards time as Villa manager. It's a team game not an individual sport. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

I think this is one of the best moments in Gerrards time as Villa manager. It's a team game not an individual sport. 

Yes i'm not his biggest fan but fully behind him on this one.

It will be interesting to see how many of these supposed "big" clubs still want him with no competitive minutes for the rest of his time here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

NMA - EPL Transfer Spotlight: Aston Villa's Boubacar Kamara - Never Manage  Alone

Yeah.

Truth is, well benefit from some of these situations, and lose from some.

A shite as it is, you can't keep everyone happy 

Some " big clubs " lose players and youngsters for different reasons too.

As noted, we've poached a shedload of them ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

You say that but the reality is if he signs a new 5 year deal he will be here longer than Gerrard is... 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I hope so too, but I can't see how leaving him out of a preseason tour accomplishes anything. If anything, it sounds like the kind of event that would push him over the line. It'd be his first overseas tour with the first team. I'd bet he was looking forward to this for some time.

i think the talks are at a stalemate.

"i want 60k a week for my client"..."he doesn't deserve that yet, the most we'll go to is 40k"..."we aren't signing"..."well he's not coming to Aus then"

that's probably the gist of how the last 10 months have gone. if there was even a 10% chance of him staying, i reckon he'd have been on the plane

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think this is different as Carney isnt represented by an agent but by some member of his church

That’s so much worse. 

“our client needs more money, it’s Gods will”

Where do you go from there? 

It’s ironic really isn’t it, Chuk’s always posting crap about God on his Instagram (vanity is one of the seven sins) and now he seemingly wants more money (greed is another of the seven sins).

All in all, not very godly is it?!

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The carrot was shown all last season. Especially nearing the end of last season. Now we are calling his bluff. He can't play us for the fool anymore. There is no reason to not sign the contract extension if he has intention to remain at Villa. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â