Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I wish we could find out if we are owed compensation regardless of who signs him next summer when out of contract. I think it's a FIFA thing not just a UK thing 

It is

The kid Liverpool just took from Aberdeen was £5m I think, it'll be a similar ballpark

22 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He would have signed by now. I don't think everyone assumed Salah wouldn't sign, in fact, the opposite, imo. Klopp seemed confident that he would.

As for Chuck, he looks to have his sights set elsewhere. He has had plenty of first team opportunities with us, so why wouldn't he have signed already?

maybe with the Ramsey Bros and Tim....he thinks "This town ain't big enough for all of us".....sorry for the western jibe.lol

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s an insane talent, no question. I fear he’ll leave, likely for Germany, but if he stays we will have signed ourselves a player who’ll be worth 75-100m within two years.

He reminds me so much of Pogba, hes got so much ability that hes a joy to watch when the things he tries comes off. 

When they dont hes a liability. 

Can work harder off the ball and to be fair to him he was coming back to make challenges in the England game, its quite clearly not a natural instinct for him. 

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

He reminds me so much of Pogba, hes got so much ability that hes a joy to watch when the things he tries comes off. 

Can work harder off the ball and to be fair to him he was coming back to make challenges in the England game, its quite clearly not a natural instinct for him. 

That’s why you need to protect him. We don’t need a team of only hard workers without the required talent. 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It is

The kid Liverpool just took from Aberdeen was £5m I think, it'll be a similar ballpark

Think they paid 3 million for Carvalho 

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

I seen people here talking about signing Milinkovic Savic and Carney is a similar style of player he just needs players to hold midfield like Kamara and Tim

Im assuming the agent is just driving a hard bargain. Not sure what top club is prepared to pay him silly wages or guarantee playing time. His best chance for minutes is at Villa, unless he wants to drop down a level in terms of league or club profile.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

its seems to me like "sliding doors"

Carney goes out....Sonny Perkins comes in.

for much the same reasons.

Why wasn't Perkins in the u19s team if he's so highly rated? 

Genuine question, I dont know anything about him bar these stories in the last month 

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Eh? I'm lost.

Henry Winkler - The Fonz from Happy Days

Henry Winter - football journalist who covers the English national sides

Either @Follyfoot was having a laugh or got his Henrys mixed up.

• Haha 2

I can only see this being his agent, i can't imagine any of the teams he's been linked to promising him more first team football than us. Surely the sensible thing for him is to sign a shorter contract extension of 2 to 3 years, and see how much football he gets. That puts him in a very good bargaining position if he  progresses as well as Ramsey has done, and he'd still be very young at the end of that contract. 

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Henry Winkler - The Fonz from Happy Days

Henry Winter - football journalist who covers the English national sides

Either @Follyfoot was having a laugh or got his Henrys mixed up.

He's got two Henry's and a dealer to pay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why wasn't Perkins in the u19s team if he's so highly rated

Genuine question, I dont know anything about him bar these stories in the last month 

I was thinking the same thing.....perhaps he is not as high profile as Carney?

Carney has done his profile, no harm at all.

Edited by TRO

On 02/07/2022 at 17:34, Nicho said:

Out of interest (genuine interest, not trying to score a point of some sort) can you give an example of when something he has tried has not come off and has cost his team a game, a point or even a goal? Just as I can’t but I haven’t seen too much of his youth football.

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Out of interest (genuine interest, not trying to score a point of some sort) can you give an example of when something he has tried has not come off and has cost his team a game, a point or even a goal? Just as I can’t but I haven’t seen too much of his youth football.

Being a liability when losing the ball doesn’t have to cause something catastrophic.  

I suppose the comment really means I think he needs to pick his opportunities better and not force it for the sake of it. That is just maturity as a footballer. United struggled with Pogba and Fernandes constantly playing risky balls, giving the ball back to the opponent is the way to allow them to score. 

He’s been towering over his counter parts in height, physicality and ability for about 3 years. Of course he tries things as he’s usually the best player.

Youth football is about honing your talent not necessarily always winning games. He’s playing in the big boy game now. 

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

The only one I can point to is when he gave the ball away for Mane's winning goal at home to Liverpool. 

FWIW I think he's absolute quality and will be a world beater. 

As it stands i think that he will be one of the main 6 midfielders. 

McGinn   Kamara     Ramsey

Chuk      Iroegbunam   Luiz 

In the Euros it was plain to see his increased awareness of his defensive responsibilities.  That will stand him in good stead for the coming season. 

In a perfect world we would bring in another really classy centre mid but if we do not then thats still quite an exciting line up of midfielders with plenty of upside and age on their side. We might even add O"Reilly to the mix.  And obviously have Marv and Sanson already. 

Keep him, play him and lets see where that takes us is my view now. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â