Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Who knows what the truth is. I'm sure there is a sit down after the Euros with him and his agent where he either signs a contract or is told to find another club. 

The one thing I don't know is if he runs down his contract next summer do other clubs in Europe have to pay a fee set by a tribunal like a club in UK would have to? 

Either way if he doesn't sign a new contract and doesn't get sold this summer surely we never play him again. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

If Chuk's main concern is game time rather than money, do you choose 30k a week at Villa with less game time, or 15k a week at say Dortmund with guaranteed game time? I'm thinking the latter.

He won't get guaranteed game time at dortmund

Look at the game stats for his England u19 team mates, he's played more games than all of them, including bynoe gittens who is at Dortmund, chuk is a year ahead of him at villa, BG getting games as the season was over was last season chuks was the season before 

I can't pretend to know the details behind Carney's reluctance to sign a new contract.....But I can't hide the fact, I will be sad to see him go.

Its really hard sometimes, when you can see both parties, points of view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He won't get guaranteed game time at dortmund

Look at the game stats for his England u19 team mates, he's played more games than all of them, including bynoe gittens who is at Dortmund, chuk is a year ahead of him at villa, BG getting games as the season was over was last season chuks was the season before 

As I've already said, I was using Dortmund as an example.  Insert any team you wish.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Maybe the answer is to sell him to a lower PL or recently promoted PL team with a reasonable buy back clause and get him back in a couple of years if he sets the PL alight.

Just give him a contract and play him now and let’s have him set it alight here :)

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't pretend to know the details behind Carney's reluctance to sign a new contract.....But I can't hide the fact, I will be sad to see him go.

Its really hard sometimes, when you can see both parties, points of view.

This is the unfortunate truth, I just hope the contract issue doesn't drag on same with Luiz.  I'd rather know one way or another if they are staying or leaving.

Just now, duke313 said:

As I've already said, I was using Dortmund as an example.  Insert any team you wish.

Its hard to say because chuk is head and shoulders above the rest of the u19s team but he's played 13 PL games for us, the next team mate down for games played is on 4

The broken promise thing is interesting (but I'm not trusting that tweet on the basis that they link him to arsenal, the origin of arsenal being interested in completely sourceless in a Spanish paper) I'd hope money isn't a factor and then in terms of playing I'm not sure how blinkered he is to his own situation on our bench rather than looking round the leagues and seeing there's not many players his age up to much anywhere 

Still maintain he's just waiting, he's worth more every month, at some point villa will find the tipping point and sign him up 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ramsey - Chukwuemeka - Kamara

With the potential better defensive and passing statistics of Diego Carlos and Kamara could it work?

It possibly could, and very well.

Would need to see alot more " work rate " than what I saw in cameos though.

However I'd have to revisit my earlier point.

This would require fans to temper expectations and have patience for the " greater good ".

What if it eventually turns out he actually isn't ready yet, OR it takes him time to get up to full speed, and results suffer due to guaranteeing him starts to keep him, who takes and/or gets the blame?

Obviously it's the Manager who would, and probably by the same people who called for this.

As @TRO says it's a difficult one, and will probably require a leap of faith from both parties IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It possibly good.

However I'd have to revisit my earlier point.

This would require fans to temper expectations and have patience for the " greater good ".

What if it eventually turns out he actually isn't ready yet and results suffer due to guaranteeing him starts to keep him, who takes and/or gets the blame?

Obviously it's the Manager who would, and probably by the same people who called for this.

As @TRO says it's a difficult one, and will probably require a leap of faith from both parties IMO.

adding to that if CC is starting, it means someone is being dropped. if sanson/ramsey/mcginn are working their arses off in training and this kid is being given game time over them it has a risk of upsetting the squad....all for a lad who MIGHT become a good PL player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen a post saying PSG interested, and it's not about money for him.

" Broken promise by Dean Smith has seen him lose trust in the club ".

That last line will be heartbreaking to some who were determined to imoly that it was/is SGs fault in a roundabout way. ( I don't think it's eithers daily FWIW )

As he'll surely be getting starts at PSG or any of the other clubs mentioned for that matter, hey?

Note: this could also be Bollox.

EDIT: Found the tweet

31 tweets in 9 years all from today

"French journalist" who only comments on English football in his tweets that started today

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He wants minutes. Its actually refreshing he wants to play instead of taking the money and sitting in the reserves

Have you spoken to him and his agent then? As you seem to be very certain about it all.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen a post saying PSG interested, and it's not about money for him.

" Broken promise by Dean Smith has seen him lose trust in the club ".

That last line will be heartbreaking to some who were determined to imoly that it was/is SGs fault in a roundabout way. ( I don't think it's eithers daily FWIW )

As he'll surely be getting starts at PSG or any of the other clubs mentioned for that matter, hey?

Note: this could also be Bollox.

EDIT: Found the tweet

Broken promise by Dean Smith has ruined his trust in the club? Has anyone told him that Dean Smith is no longer at the club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Broken promise by Dean Smith has ruined his trust in the club? Has anyone told him that Dean Smith is no longer at the club?

Well it does say " Lost his trust in the club, Gerrard is working on bringing that back "... So.

I like Chuck, you can see he has something but if he wants more minutes he should bust his balls a little more when he gets the chance to play. He’s not warranted more minutes so far imo. Before people start quoting me, my eyes don’t lie. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What if it eventually turns out he actually isn't ready yet, OR it takes him time to get up to full speed, and results suffer due to guaranteeing him starts to keep him, who takes and/or gets the blame?

I’m kind of like… if we played him and he was great (or signed another top midfielder) maybe we’d finish 8th. If we play him and he costs us points, oh no, maybe we will be 11th or 12th again. Screw it, play him :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

31 tweets in 9 years all from today

"French journalist" who only comments on English football in his tweets that started today

Twitter is just a sham of a place.

Also twitter - trending: Meghan Markle - click!

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m kind of like… if we played him and he was great (or signed another top midfielder) maybe we’d finish 8th. If we play him and he costs us points, oh no, maybe we will be 11th or 12th again. Screw it, play him :)

Fair play, problem is I suspect not everyone feels the same way as you do 😂.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â