Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, STO said:

This lad has done nothing so far to suggest that he is the ,wonderkid,.  Probably needs more time, but is he really all that?  

I’m trying to think of current 18 year olds that have 12 appearances and an assist, limited minutes yes but there can’t be many if any? To be fair to Carney I wasn’t expecting him to be Haaland,  he’s performed as expected so far, I get the contract negotiations or lack of movement is getting a  everybody’s nerves but at the end of the day it’s his decision , and we’ve all been young and had bad advice/advisors.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m trying to think of current 18 year olds that have 12 appearances and an assist, limited minutes yes but there can’t be many if any? To be fair to Carney I wasn’t expecting him to be Haaland,  he’s performed as expected so far, I get the contract negotiations or lack of movement is getting a  everybody’s nerves but at the end of the day it’s his decision , and we’ve all been young and had bad advice/advisors.  

Him and Harvey Elliott I think. 

Then again Haaland at 18 had a solid season in Norway but nothing spectacular to suggest elite striker in 2 years

• Thanks 1

I really don't understand all of the negative comments on him as a player, he is outstanding at 18 and has every chance of being a top player.

Sour grapes? Expectations? I don't know but this would be a huge blow to lose the player but that opens the door to another one (of many) on the production line.

Sign the contract Carney and then perhaps we can talk about your good points rather than picking on everything you've not done.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He was awful against Liverpool and wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if he went.

Either he commits to the club or no more game time.

I just can’t agree with that.

I appreciate that everyone has an opinion, but to say he was awful is grossly unfair.

I’m really starting to feel a bit sorry for the boy as this tag of him being a ‘wonder kid’ is unfairly raising expectations of him, he’s 18 years old.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I'm really starting to feel a bit sorry for the boy as this tag of him being a ‘wonder kid’ is unfairly raising expectations of him, he’s 18 years old.

Whether it's him, his agent or his family, they are pushing the narrative out into the media that he's wanted by Real Madrid, Liverpool or off to Germany to be the next Jude Bellingham every 6 months.

The media aren't bothered by nearly any other teenager in the country that doesn't play for The Sky 6. Harvey Elliot is the only teenager I can think of that gets the press as much as Carney in England.

City just had a lad, Jayden Braaf, sign for Dortmund. Perhaps I'm just not in the right circles for their news but I haven't once seen anything on him prior. 

Carney is in the rumour mill constantly and we'd be silly to think it's anything other than by design.

I don't blame him for it, by all accounts the kid wants to play football and is a nice kid. But his team or family are pushing him to be seen in this way, so I don't particularly feel bad for him about it. He's old enough to decide his own future and who best represents what he wants. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I appreciate that everyone has an opinion, but to say he was awful is grossly unfair.

I’m really starting to feel a bit sorry for the boy as this tag of him being a ‘wonder kid’ is unfairly raising expectations of him, he’s 18 years old.

The problem is that he’s not willing to commit his future to us for whatever reason, not a problem we usually have with youth prospects.

Which suggests he’s either demanding crazy wages or guaranteed playing time that doesn’t seem to be justified by his performances so far.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Whether it's him, his agent or his family, they are pushing the narrative out into the media that he's wanted by Real Madrid, Liverpool or off to Germany to be the next Jude Bellingham every 6 months.

The media aren't bothered by nearly any other teenager in the country that doesn't play for The Sky 6. Harvey Elliot is the only teenager I can think of that gets the press as much as Carney in England.

City just had a lad, Jayden Braaf, sign for Dortmund. Perhaps I'm just not in the right circles for their news but I haven't once seen anything on him prior. 

Carney is in the rumour mill constantly and we'd be silly to think it's anything other than by design.

I don't blame him for it, by all accounts the kid wants to play football and is a nice kid. But his team or family are pushing him to be seen in this way, so I don't particularly feel bad for him about it. He's old enough to decide his own future and who best represents what he wants. 

Those are all really fair comments you make there, I was more referring to the expectations of us as a fan base and how some are expecting him to come off the bench and win games for us.

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I have massive hopes for him and really hope he signs but he was awful against Liverpool if we are being honest.  That is no reflection on his future, just that wasn’t a game he impressed in at all.  I don’t expect wonders at this stage but he struggled within the game quite a bit imo.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Those are all really fair comments you make there, I was more referring to the expectations of us as a fan base and how some are expecting him to come off the bench and win games for us.

I’m not convinced fans are, we are excited to see him and will get a lot of time before real expectations come about but we can still have honest conversations about individual performances without knocking his future.

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

I really don't understand all of the negative comments on him as a player, he is outstanding at 18 and has every chance of being a top player.

Sour grapes? Expectations? I don't know but this would be a huge blow to lose the player but that opens the door to another one (of many) on the production line.

Sign the contract Carney and then perhaps we can talk about your good points rather than picking on everything you've not done.

Its funny some of the people criticizing him were the ones saying Ramsey wasnt good enough last season and Chuk should start ahead of him. 

Centre midfield in the Premier League is one of the toughest positions in the world and people 10 years older than CC are struggling in it it. I think people are a bit deluded with what they are expecting from him

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Years ago we signed Brian Little’s brother Alan. Brian was quite a nervous young man and Alan was brought in to help him settle. I’m not sure Alan ever made the first team, perhaps once or twice. 

Three appearances in the first team, 1973/4 season.

Had a decent lower league career, over 400 games.

• Thanks 1

I don't know what people mean by awful other than the black and white nature of football where you're either world class or utter shite

It was a perfectly OK 6 out of 10 performance vs the 2nd best team in the league from an 18 year old 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know what people mean by awful other than the black and white nature of football where you're either world class or utter shite

Don’t go over the top mate.  He’s a quality kid, has a massive future but struggled to keep up with the game against Liverpool.  Is it a big deal? No, it probably wasn’t the right game to give him some more minutes given the opposition.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t go over the top mate.  He’s a quality kid, has a massive future but struggled to keep up with the game against Liverpool.  Is it a big deal? No, it probably wasn’t the right game to give him some more minutes given the opposition.

But by what metric was he "awful"? 

His inability to get involved and have an impact on his game? Because for his age and the opposition that's fair enough and should be expected, Ramsey was the same 

Or his ability to pass a football? Because that's not true, when he got on the ball he was ok

People seem quick to reference the Pool game where he was poor but yet overlook the Man Utd, Man City and Norwich games where he changed the game. 

Would be disappointed to lose him. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â