Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

20 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think it’s a push from him and the agent to secure more minutes. If that’s the case I fully agree, as a lot of managers don’t really give proper chances. Hopefully he starts against Burnley.

I hope he doesn't. He has not shown enough to warrant that, and I think the manager has given him plenty of opportunities to show his worth.

10 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

That's all well and good but hes shown nothing to warrant extended amount of minutes 

It’s not as if we’re having Jack Grealish in each position especially in midfield.

Edited by abdulaziz1

On 15/05/2022 at 14:54, AVFCforever1991 said:

Poor guy , gotta feel for him, being stuck on 30k a year , how will he afford bread? 

Disgusting behaviour from the club, we should be offering 250-500k a week at least, 750k a week would be fair though, with all he has achieved here he should be getting that, it's only fair. 

Poor lad.

Bizarre.

He's played 238 minutes worth of football here this season. He's getting less and less minutes since Coutinho came. That to me is not investing in a youth player who by all accounts was one of the best in his age group the past few years. 

To me that's not commiting to a generation talent. We can't get Emi in the team. Where exactly will Chuk get minutes?

We're stacked in Central attacking  positions and with wide players that like to drift inside. Where is he going to play.

There's a greater emphasis now on these kind of players to not get stuck at clubs just throw money at new signings. Don't get stockpiled. Don't get on the loan train. Be at a club that will invest time and games in bettering you. 

If I was his advisor or family looking at next season I would probably advise him to try and find that club (German cliche club) that will promise you 20-30 starts next year. 

He won't get that here. He just won't. There's 40m players and established footballers with 200+ appearances at a high level that don't get a fair crack of the whip at this club. Rotation policy and fighting for your play and being in there on merit doesn't happen.

We're not in Europe. Historically we're not going deep in cup competitions and that cup that Archer scored in isn't a level.

He should play. League football. At a club that's invested in him. He shouldn't sign a deal. Ive not heard one word about money and talk is cheap, we've actually given him much belief I've no doubt that we will give him a fair crack.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bizarre.

He's played 238 minutes worth of football here this season. He's getting less and less minutes since Coutinho came. That to me is not investing in a youth player who by all accounts was one of the best in his age group the past few years. 

To me that's not commiting to a generation talent. We can't get Emi in the team. Where exactly will Chuk get minutes?

We're stacked in Central attacking  positions and with wide players that like to drift inside. Where is he going to play.

There's a greater emphasis now on these kind of players to not get stuck at clubs just throw money at new signings. Don't get stockpiled. Don't get on the loan train. Be at a club that will invest time and games in bettering you. 

If I was his advisor or family looking at next season I would probably advise him to try and find that club (German cliche club) that will promise you 20-30 starts next year. 

He won't get that here. He just won't. There's 40m players and established footballers with 200+ appearances at a high level that don't get a fair crack of the whip at this club. Rotation policy and fighting for your play and being in there on merit doesn't happen.

We're not in Europe. Historically we're not going deep in cup competitions and that cup that Archer scored in isn't a level.

He should play. League football. At a club that's invested in him. He shouldn't sign a deal. Ive not heard one word about money and talk is cheap, we've actually given him much belief I've no doubt that we will give him a fair crack.

He should, why can't he do what practically every other player his age does and go out on loan to get minutes and first team experience?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He should, why can't he do what practically every other player his age does and go out on loan to get minutes and first team experience?

We've been told for 3 years now this guy is the best of the best in his age group all through the levels. These kind of players shouldn't get trapped in the loan system.

He's not a Cameron Archer. No disrespect who will have to have a few loan moves and work his way up.

Edited by rodders0223

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We've been told for 3 years now this guy is the best of the best in his age group all through the levels. These kind of players shouldn't get trapped in the loan system.

He's not a Cameron Archer. No disrespect who will have to have a few loan moves and work his way up.

He won't get 'trapped in the loan system', if he's good enough. The players that do get stuck going out on loan, aren't good enough for where there clubs are at.  Looks at Chelsea at the weekend, 3 academy players in there starting line up, 1 off the bench.  All four of them spent time out on loan before breaking into the Chelsea squad. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He won't get 'trapped in the loan system', if he's good enough. The players that do get stuck going out on loan, aren't good enough for where there clubs are at.  Looks at Chelsea at the weekend, 3 academy players in there starting line up, 1 off the bench.  All four of them spent time out on loan before breaking into the Chelsea squad. 

TAA never went on loan though or Declan Rice so it works different ways

He has just turned 18, we need tie him down to a contract before sending him on loan anyway as pointless developing him if we dont benefit

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

TAA never went on loan though or Declan Rice so it works different ways

He has just turned 18, we need tie him down to a contract before sending him on loan anyway as pointless developing him if we dont benefit

There's always exceptions of course, the difference being that those two players were first team ready and established their place in the first team, so didn't need to go out on loan.  

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

There's always exceptions of course, the difference being that those two players were first team ready and established their place in the first team, so didn't need to go out on loan.  

TAA didn't nail down a first team place at Liverpool until he was 19. Carney won't be 19 until mid way through next season. 

The issue for me is not that he's not good enough, he is, but that the position he plays is unfortunately the one area (along with fullbacks) that we are the most stacked in. 

He is first team ready, he needs to be given a run in the side properly but we have arguably our two best players in his preferred position whereas Liverpool had Nathanial Clyne ahead of Trent. That's the problem Carney faces. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

TAA didn't nail down a first team place at Liverpool until he was 19. Carney won't be 19 until mid way through next season. 

The issue for me is not that he's not good enough, he is, but that the position he plays is unfortunately the one area (along with fullbacks) that we are the most stacked in. 

He is first team ready, he needs to be given a run in the side properly but we have arguably our two best players in his preferred position whereas Liverpool had Nathanial Clyne ahead of Trent. That's the problem Carney faces. 

This is the reason he should have been out on loan, it would have served his development better playing a full season in the Championship rather than a few cameos off the bench.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Agreed, and it's hard to see a way out of it for him at Villa. It might be that he's in the right place at the wrong time. Maybe we can put one of those buyback clauses whenever he moves, because I think my gut tells me he will move. Regardless of whether others think it's the right thing to do or not. Carney think he's ready for first team and if Dortmund come along and offer him that he'll take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether Carney is an 8 or a 10, Coutinho and McGinn are currently not tearing up any trees at the moment. Therefore I'd like to see him given some proper minutes, then we can all judge whether he's currently deserving to be starting regularly for us or not.

I keep having a look to see if he's signed a deal, more in hope than in expectation. He's been getting a few minutes recently and I doubt he would be getting those, if SG knew he had made his decision. There is still some hope then, but in my opinion not very much. 

Forget the City game, we need to go with our absolute best team for Burnley. It's our last home game and 3 points can potentially get us 11th and that's 6.6m more in prize money. 

Carney off the bench for me, not starting. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Forget a potentially pivotal game in football history and the one remaining bit of genuine excitement left in the season... Yikes.

We have a responsibility to put out a strong side against both Burnley and City. 

But we do need to rotate. Given the strongest side played the last game, the expectation that Burnley aren't as good as City, and we have home advantage, then you can see it makes perfect sense for the ones that aren't first choice to get their chance against Burnley. I'd include Carney in my starting 11 for Burnley.

It means your supposed best are fit for City...and your second choices can earn themselves a starting spot against City if they perform*

(*Unless your name is Buendia, then you can gtfo).

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We have a responsibility to put out a strong side against both Burnley and City. 

But we do need to rotate. Given the strongest side played the last game, the expectation that Burnley aren't as good as City, and we have home advantage, then you can see it makes perfect sense for the ones that aren't first choice to get their chance against Burnley. I'd include Carney in my starting 11 for Burnley.

It means your supposed best are fit for City...and your second choices can earn themselves a starting spot against City if they perform*

(*Unless your name is Buendia, then you can gtfo).

Or Chambers.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â