Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think Carney and Tim are different players, not fighting for the same position.

Yes but in terms of  blooding youngsters,    Space in the starting eleven/getting off the bench is limited,  Carney was getting mins earlier on under Gerrard even after the Coutinho loan he was getting mins, those mins now are allocated to Tim, yes they play different positions but it’s unlikely for any team to be integrating two 18 year olds into a settled 11 at the same time. So what I meant was the mins we were investing in Carney are now being invested in Tim.

• Like 2

I've not been massively impressed when he's come on. Not to say he won't become a good player but I've not seen anything to suggest he's some kind of prodigy so if he goes, Meh. We're not getting big money for a kid who's not played a huge amount of first team games in the last year of his contract. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've not been massively impressed when he's come on. Not to say he won't become a good player but I've not seen anything to suggest he's some kind of prodigy so if he goes, Meh. We're not getting big money for a kid who's not played a huge amount of first team games in the last year of his contract. 

Me neither, I would be happy to have him if he signed a 4 year deal to let him develop.

If he wants everything now then we should just get rid as it is clear he isn't going to get it and therefore sell him this summer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Villa hold quite a few cards here. For example we could just stop playing him at all (including U23's) for a year if he doesnt want to agree to sell on clause. See what that does to his development and how much money he can make at another club.

what we don't want to do, is be spiteful....but we must protect our owm interests at the same time.

There are no winners here imo......but I don't know enough about it to make a meaningful comment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but in terms of  blooding youngsters,    Space in the starting eleven/getting off the bench is limited,  Carney was getting mins earlier on under Gerrard even after the Coutinho loan he was getting mins, those mins now are allocated to Tim, yes they play different positions but it’s unlikely for any team to be integrating two 18 year olds into a settled 11 at the same time. So what I meant was the mins we were investing in Carney are now being invested in Tim.

Ok, I get that.

The other thing, we all must remember as we climb the league, the standards required, get tougher.

It was ok breaking in to the championship team.....this is a new challenge.

21 hours ago, Villa87 said:

If he was showing he was good enough in training then I think he would have played more. Maybe he just isn’t ready / as good as all of the noise suggests he is… Still, as this is Villa we will lose him and he will go on to be world class. 

I don’t think that’s enough with managers, a lot of them hesitate when it comes into trying new things (they might try to justify some buys even they failed as a certain amount was paid for them). I really hope that Gerrard start him next game. We would lose nothing by doing that.

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think that’s enough with managers, a lot of them hesitate when it comes into trying new things (they might try to justify some buys even they failed as a certain amount was paid for them). I really hope that Gerrard start him next game. We would lose nothing by doing that.

I doubt Carney will play for Villa again, looks like he's made his decision (and Gerrard his). It may be the first visible setback in the success story of the academy but hopefully it's only a special case and doesn't become any sort of pattern.

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I doubt Carney will play for Villa again, looks like he's made his decision (and Gerrard his). It may be the first visible setback in the success story of the academy but hopefully it's only a special case and doesn't become any sort of pattern.

I think that the amount of players we have secured to new contracts with zero fuss suggests we are doing very well in convincing them that there future is here. Archer Kesler Iroegbunam Hart Chrisene and OReilly plus Jacob signing for 5.5 years is the proof in the pudding 

It helps that the majority are mad Villa fans as well. Love that Taylor Jay Hart is named after Ian. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that the amount of players we have secured to new contracts with zero fuss suggests we are doing very well in convincing them that there future is here. Archer Kesler Iroegbunam Hart Chrisene and OReilly plus Jacob signing for 5.5 years is the proof in the pudding 

It helps that the majority are mad Villa fans as well. Love that Taylor Jay Hart is named after Ian. 

Ian Harte?

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think Gerrard had given up on him. We will just have to see what the summer brings. 

If he is sold this summer, just make sure a big sell on fee is slapped onto any transfer.  If he does go to Germany and makes it big, then at least we'll get some pay off.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If he is sold this summer, just make sure a big sell on fee is slapped onto any transfer.  If he does go to Germany and makes it big, then at least we'll get some pay off.

That’s the hope. That, or a buy back clause. We need to be savvy with our young talent whether they stay or leave. 

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well, yeah. His mother (Clarissa) has explained it all many times before.

(niche one, this) 

There's niche and then there's this.

We've somehow managed to go from Ian Taylor to Sabrina the teenage witch in 4 posts.

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2022 at 17:31, gwi1890 said:

I imagine the lack of games recently is due to the fact he’s not signing, he featured a fair bit early on under Gerrard, overtaken by Iroegbunam  now.

Bailey being fit and the move away from two 10s has meant his opportunities have been limited. Look he wants to play regular football and we can't afford him the game time he desires. That's the way it goes. We should sell him and include a sell on clause. We've lots of talented young players and it's difficult to get minutes for them all. Especially when one player - Carney - just wants to play week in week out. 

Especially with hindsight Id rather Buendia had Coutinhos minutes and Chukwuemeka had Buendias minutes. 

However, you want young players to put up a fight, show it in training ect. He might be doing this, he might not. Hes going away with England and performing. 

Problem being that young English players going abroad for 1st team football is becoming more regular (something I applaud and want to see). Rather than a payday he might just want that change and chance to play.

Maybe he should have gone on loan, maybe we planned to play him but the way our season went we just couldnt.

I like how he plays and will be sad if he goes. 

Has there ever been a fringe player who has had  as much speculation about his future as this 18 year old.

I thought he looked very good against Chelsk, not too bad against Ure, but the rest of the games hes ok. 

I would like him to stay, but if he turns out to be half the player of Ramsey , i would be surprised.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Has there ever been a fringe player who has had  as much speculation about his future as this 18 year old.

I thought he looked very good against Chelsk, not too bad against Ure, but the rest of the games hes ok. 

I would like him to stay, but if he turns out to be half the player of Ramsey , i would be surprised.

he's 18 and made his debut at 17! (and hit the post!) how good do you expect him to be? 

if ramsey turned out to be half the player of luiz based on last season alone i would've been shocked. he's now arguably a more impactful player for us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â