Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Looked exceptional when he came on against Man Utd at Villa Park where he helped change the game and was involved in the lead up to the first goal, assisted a really good goal away at Norwich, was very good against City and should have scored, is the youngest starting CM for almost 20 years in the Premier League and has been called the best 16 year old in England by a very astute CEO. 

He's dogshit mate. 

I don't think he's done anything for him to act like he's already better than the club that's all. Maybe the issue is to many people around him labeling the best 16 year old ever. 

Just now, holteend1982 said:

I don't think he's done anything for him to act like he's already better than the club that's all. Maybe the issue is to many people around him labeling the best 16 year old ever. 

Sorry, where has he acted like that?

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hadn't heard of him, but just looked him up.

Dan Crowley was another young world beater that left us. His career went to shit. 

thats my point.

We can't be held to ransom, by some over zealous dad advising him, he should be like Jude Bellingham......thats me surmising, of course.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry, where has he acted like that?

He's turned down 3 or 4 contracts despite being part of the squad at such a young age, added with the constant links to bayern and other top clubs suggest to me there could be the attitude he thinks he's better than he actually is, In my opinion. Seen it happen with plenty of other players! 

• Like 1

Amazes me how many of our own fans, especially on Twitter, immediately start slagging the player off because a contract deal hasn't progressed.

Maybe it's nothing to do with money, he might think he's good enough to play Premier League football and doesn't want to be loaned out. If that is the case and he sees that we are signing 2 new CMs you can understand why he might want to go. Same type of fans that slated Targett for leaving and calling him a bottler and not prepared to fight, yet if he sat on the bench they'd be calling him a leach and stealing a wage. Can't have it both ways.

Our squad is way too big to keep everyone happy. Spurs/West Ham can easily offer him the same money and they can throw in European football, cup games + league games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

He's turned down 3 or 4 contracts despite being part of the squad at such a young age, added with the constant links to bayern and other top clubs suggest to me there could be the attitude he thinks he's better than he actually is, In my opinion. Seen it happen with plenty of other players! 

Absolute horseshit sorry. 

The only information that has come from the club is that he's been offered a new (one) contract and talks are not progressing. 

That could be for a number of reasons, none of which we are privvy to. My best guess is that he is waiting to see the progress and position he is in come the summer given that we have had a managerial change. At which time he will have 12 months left on his deal and will be able to make an informaed decision. Nothing of consequential proof suggests he thinks he's better than he is or that he has an attitude problem. In fact he has celebrated from the bench wildly, has good body language on the pitch and on the training videos we get to see. 

The (apparently constant, lol) links to big clubs are media lead conjecture based on one of the hottest prospects in England having 18months (at the time) left on his deal. Its natural. McAtee was linked with us in the winter, does that mean he has a disgusting attitude problem?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hate the bad attitude talk, he has plenty of time to sign the new contract ,  I’ve seen nothing in his body language to suggest he has a bad attitude, he seems driven and willing to succeed,  he even goes on Instagram to thank god for everyone opportunity he gets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Absolute horseshit sorry. 

The only information that has come from the club is that he's been offered a new (one) contract and talks are not progressing. 

That could be for a number of reasons, none of which we are privvy to. My best guess is that he is waiting to see the progress and position he is in come the summer given that we have had a managerial change. At which time he will have 12 months left on his deal and will be able to make an informaed decision. Nothing of consequential proof suggests he thinks he's better than he is or that he has an attitude problem. In fact he has celebrated from the bench wildly, has good body language on the pitch and on the training videos we get to see. 

The (apparently constant, lol) links to big clubs are media lead conjecture based on one of the hottest prospects in England having 18months (at the time) left on his deal. Its natural. McAtee was linked with us in the winter, does that mean he has a disgusting attitude problem?

OK m8. Only time will tell. 

he was celebrating when we scored yesterday and didn't look like a player who was unhappy at his current situation 

fact is though , he wont' get into any premier leagues clubs first team at this moment in time so not sure what he will gain out of moving  .... chances are we are offering him more money than most of the prem clubs anyway 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

will be interesting to see what we do with him in the summer.

Im sure i saw an interview where Gerrard implied "we have him for 18 months regardless of what the contract situation is", implying we would hold on to him until his contract ends.

However, if he really doesnt want to sign an extension, wouldnt it be madness not to cash in on him, for whatever we can get in the summer? (if he doest want to stay).

Its ironic really, as he is hindering his own development with these games, as he may have got more minutes and development time if we knew he was staying, also....although he has looked ok when he has come on, he certainly doesnt look "regular starter ready", so im not sure what he is after.

Seems like he is being badly advised or something, if so...good luck to him becoming a perennial loan player at a  "big club".

We would get compensation if he left at the end of his contract anyway wouldn't we?  At the moment I can't really see one of the elite clubs spending a big wedge on him worth cashing in on in the summer.  

We are talking about generational wealth here. The type of money that can lift a whole family to a higher level of comfort. He deserves til the summer before we start trying to bin him. If this was your kid you would advise the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I guess we don't know what the sticking point is yet. More game time? Genuinely wants to leave? Wants more money? I don't know. 

He surely wants to play more and see's players like Buendia, Bailey, Sanson, Traore all on the bench. With another CDM to be signed in summer. He does think he'll get the game time at Villa and clubs are willing to sign him and play him regularly. So he will be sold and we move on. 

Personally I'd keep him next season to make an example of him. u23s and off on a free

33 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

We are talking about generational wealth here. The type of money that can lift a whole family to a higher level of comfort. He deserves til the summer before we start trying to bin him. If this was your kid you would advise the same. 

If he is as good as him, and many people think he is, the money will come anyway. So i legit can't see that as an excuse right now, not at his age.

I'm sure he's not being offered shite either.

If he was this stupendous prodigy , he probably wouldn't be here.

He'd prob be at Barca, Real, Dortmund etc.

He may well become it, but I don't see it yet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

All this constant reporting on it just makes things worse. ”Chukwuemeka still hasn’t signed”, immediately followed by hundreds of Villa fans on Twitter writing about what a spoiled word removed he is.

He wants game time, which is understandable, and if the club signs more midfielders that could be difficult. It’s true Villa don’t have to give him minutes, but you can’t blame the kid for wanting to play.

If he signs great, if he doesn’t then good luck to him and we both move on.  

I actually don’t care either way.  

We’ve done what we can, he can either accept a new deal or not, it’s not like we haven’t tried.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â