Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The younger lads who play in the U23s have benefited massively from it IMO. Kesler, Carney, Barry, Raikhy, Bogarde, Young etc. were confident and composed to the point of it looking somewhat effortless yesterday.

Agree mate. But from what I’ve seen of them in the U23’s I don’t think any of them are ready for first team action. Maybe Carney and Barry at a stretch.

For u18 they all look superb.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree mate. But from what I’ve seen of them in the U23’s I don’t think any of them are ready for first team action. Maybe Carney and Barry at a stretch.

For u18 they all look superb.

Of all the players I've seen for the U23s, Kesler strikes me as closest to warranting first team action. I was a little unsure at first, but he's played so well in the last couple of months and I think he has it what takes to certainly be an understudy to Cash.

The thing about Barry is his size - yesterday he looked like he belonged in the U18 game in terms of his physical stature. I don't think it bothers him all that much, as he's excellent on the ball and under pressure, but I worry about him coming up against some hatchet-man prick defender like Ben Mee, who'll just snap him in half. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of all the players I've seen for the U23s, Kesler strikes me as closest to warranting first team action. I was a little unsure at first, but he's played so well in the last couple of months and I think he has it what takes to certainly be an understudy to Cash.

The thing about Barry is his size - yesterday he looked like he belonged in the U18 game in terms of his physical stature. I don't think it bothers him all that much, as he's excellent on the ball and under pressure, but I worry about him coming up against some hatchet-man prick defender like Ben Mee, who'll just snap him in half. 

I know what you mean. I think with Barry he would be more about running the channels and being a nuisance that way.  Or being at the right place at the right time. I can just picture him coming on and not being involved but then getting a great chance from his positioning and burying it.

It’s exciting to see how far some of these kids can go.  I also love that they are showing all the games now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know what you mean. I think with Barry he would be more about running the channels and being a nuisance that way.  Or being at the right place at the right time. I can just picture him coming on and not being involved but then getting a great chance from his positioning and burying it.

It’s exciting to see how far some of these kids can go.  I also love that they are showing all the games now. 

The goal against Liverpool showed what he can do - pure natural talent and shook off their defender nicely enough. When he's with the U23s he really seems at his best when he's under pressure on the ball - he's really good at getting the space for himself or playing a great pass for a teammate. I'm talking myself into it now 😂

Absolutely with you on being able to watch them - it's awesome. There's something really pure from a footballing perspective of not having the hype/bullshit that the premier league brings, none of that pressure, it's just watching players have the chance to make a name for themselves. 

On another note, I think the academy has really come on since Kevin MacDonald was given the boot. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd rather we develop players in-house to our own methods and style rather than sending them out to league 2 to play in shit teams, on shit pitches and under shit mangers and coaches.

100% this

The obvious one at the moment is foden, how would a loan to league 1 benefit him more than going to training every day with pep and those players? He's now 20 in his 4th year of PL football, still not a guaranteed starter, they're still looking after him 

Every kid will be different, if he doesn't make it then something has definitely gone wrong at villa but that doesn't necessarily mean that we held him back by not sending him on loan to morecambe for a year 

Like someone else said we have jedinak, we have all this infrastructure in place, we have to trust that we will make the right decision, if that's on loan or staying here, it will be well thought out and have its reason which because we'll never know the details of what's going on again we have to trust it, that is what it is 

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Did we?

Davis did not come through our academy, we signed him as a youth prospect when he was already 17/18 I think.

Within 18 months of signing he was in and around the first team and after relegation and subsequent injuries to forward players he became a first team regular for a while, since then, he’s either been the number 2 striker and/or has been injured so when were we supposed to farm him out on loan? 

I’d rather we develop players in-house to our own methods and style rather than sending them out to league 2 to play in shit teams, on shit pitches and under shit mangers and coaches.

i thought he'd been around us longer

my point stands that he needed a loan at some stage, rather than stuck on our bench, getting thrown on out of desperation for the last 10 mins when we're losing a game. he never gets minutes when we're 2 or 3 up when the pressure's off does he? all our comfortable wins this season (fulham away, palace, baggies away, newcastle, liverpool, arsenal away) he's been an unused sub. he's been an "in case of emergency, break glass" player for far too long and apart from anything else it must have sent such a shite message to him.

yes we can develop them on the training pitch, but there's no substitute for competitive football, IMO

and i think you're doing the likes of league 2  a disservice...it's still regular, professional football, which KD has never really had. just my opinion, but i think his development will have suffered as a result.

in the league this season he's played 157 minutes out of a possible 2,880...ideally we'd have another striker and he could be playing much, much more regularly somewhere else.

fortunately CM is somewhere we're fairly well stocked in and can send chuk on loan somewhere. deano refuses to drop mcginn so straight away that's one player that CC cannot dislodge.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

The younger lads who play in the U23s have benefited massively from it IMO. Kesler, Carney, Barry, Raikhy, Bogarde, Young etc. were confident and composed to the point of it looking somewhat effortless yesterday.

I’ve got a mate who is a coach at West Brom and even before Harrison came in he said his plan is to play their best young players in the U23s.

He said to expect some dodgy results but it’s much better for the player development. Seems logical and obviously but evidently we and other teams didn’t test their youngsters too many age groups up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I’ve got a mate who is a coach at West Brom and even before Harrison came in he said his plan is to play their best young players in the U23s.

He said to expect some dodgy results but it’s much better for the player development. Seems logical and obviously but evidently we and other teams didn’t test their youngsters too many age groups up. 

It's definitely having a great effect on them IMO and another thing the new owners are getting right. We're a far more progressive club than say Newcastle and that was highlighted in the game yesterday.

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've never seen him play but I can comprehensively say I know he is ready and I know more than Dean Smith so start him. Chuck him in.

I just want to see us get back to developing our own players. It feels so good.

:suspect:

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The fear for me is that villa see him as a ball playing number 10, playing on the ground, off grealish on the left and on to Watkins making movement in front of him, smart tight space passing in to the box creating and taking chances 

Neil Warnock takes a look at him, sees a big athletic kid and thinks he's the next Patrick Vieira and can sit deeper winning the ball driving forward and spreading the ball to the skilled players rather than thinking that he is the skilled player, boro play long, play with width and work the ball in from the wings rather than through the middle (I don't know if that's the case) 

He's starts for them, Warnock realises he's not what he really wants so he ends the season with 30 appearances, most from the bench 

Is that really that good for his development? 

You would hope/assume that most of these things are discussed by the respective managers, loan managers etc in advance though mate?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You would hope/assume that most of these things are discussed by the respective managers, loan managers etc in advance though mate?

You'd think so but we have examples of bad loans, if you're picking out the last crop and asking where it went wrong and saying we should have sent them out on loan, look at suliman, plenty of hype, England u19 captain, went on 3 loans and didn't play on any of them, Andre Green went out on loan, didn't play that often 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You'd think so but we have examples of bad loans, if you're picking out the last crop and asking where it went wrong and saying we should have sent them out on loan, look at suliman, plenty of hype, England u19 captain, went on 3 loans and didn't play on any of them, Andre Green went out on loan, didn't play that often 

Hopefully, as a part of our improvement across all areas of the club, this process will be much improved.

The new owners/CEO seem to take the Academy very seriously, and won't allow any dossing about with our star prospects ( Their investments ) IMO.

Too important to the future and finances of the club to neglect and not handle with utmost professionalism, and ensuring a benefit to the club.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â