• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (Drinkwater 59)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Samatta (Bastón 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/20 at 23:59

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Felt sorry for Engels, such a silly mistake but he did well today otherwise.

It was a silly mistake, but the fans' reaction reminds me of what Lolley said about footballers often being judged by one act, rather than their overall contribution. Makes all the difference between a player being "godawful" or "brilliant".

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Shoulda signed Cahill. Shoulda kept Chester. Our manager used to play centre back. Our defensive coach is John Terry. Such excessive levels of incompetence are impossible to comprehend.

Our club was almost in administration 20 months ago, perhaps signing a Gary Cahill and paying him £100K a week was not the type of signing that our new owners thought would be the best solution moving forward. I'm happy with that. I don't want our club going through the same turmoil. I trust the owners and management and coaching staff and a last minute mistake ain't going to change my mind. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well he could have passed to team mates in better positions than him on goal, for one.

It’s funny but there were two times when he passed when I felt a shot was better, and he shot when I felt a pass was better. But that’s not a criticism, he earns the right to do what he wants. 

I saw enough today to think we have enough to stay up, This is not the relegation team that went down last time, we have had some bad breaks But there is talent and fight. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Terry probably knows more than both of those about organising defences  , which makes it puzzling why we are so poor at the back ,  Cahill in the summer would have been far better than spending so much on konsa or Engels 

When at school I had the most educated, experienced, clever member of staff ever, couldn’t teach us shit because he never had to think about it just did it because it came naturally to him , couldn’t understand why we didn’t get it and had no idea how to get his points across , perhaps JT is the same. He just can’t see why they don’t get something that he found so easy and has no idea how to get past this. As a coach he has no experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Our club was almost in administration 20 months ago, perhaps signing a Gary Cahill and paying him £100K a week was not the type of signing that our new owners thought would be the best solution moving forward. I'm happy with that. I don't want our club going through the same turmoil. I trust the owners and management and coaching staff and a last minute mistake ain't going to change my mind. 

We signed and spent a lot but lacked premier league experience - Cahill rather than Engels or konsa would have allowed us to consolidate in this division and then kick on for the future 

• Like 3

El Ghazi could easily have had two today, and Luiz could have had one too. We had 12 corners, and at least scored from one at last. If we can play in Samatta a bit more I think we have a chance of fighting our way out of this.

I also think Drinkwater was alright after a sticky start: didn’t hide, was snappy and harried, his passing/distribution warmed up after 10 minutes. I think he is a decent squad member for the run in, offers more than Hourihane does for me in this dog fight.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

If Danny Drinkwater starts another game for us we are down. He looks a stone and half overweight, has the look of a bloke who turned up after a night on the tiles and hoping a run around would sweat it out of him. Far too slow mentally as well as physically for where we are at this moment. Whoever sanctioned this signing wants shooting.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

El Ghazi could easily have had two today, and Luiz could have had one too. We had 12 corners, and at least scored from one at last. If we can play in Samatta a bit more I think we have a chance of fighting our way out of this.

We should have been 3 up in the first 20 mins. Samatta is a massive upgrade on Wesley. Sadly an individual error cost us. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about that. Once McGinn gets back I really believe we'll kick on and stay up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Felt sorry for Engels, such a silly mistake but he did well today otherwise.

Don't feel sorry for him. He cost us a point, simple as that.

Dont feel sorry for him because some day or another he'll be plying his trade somewhere else and wont give two hoots about us.

It's football basics. The time of the game, the position he's in by the half way line. Just clear it, just hoof it where ever. It's really that simple. 

The legend that is Paul McGrath was so good because he did the basics so well.

Average player among many and thats why we are where we are.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I thought Jack G was selfish too. There was one moment where he had the ball and Targett was in acres of space on the left, instead of passing it to him he elected to shoot which was blocked and Spurs won the ball back. 

I love him and he's clearly our best player, but he's going for glory too much when he could take the simple option.

I personally felt Douglas Luiz was brilliant today and is starting to look a class act. Unfortunately the quality players we do have are being let down by others (e.g. Drinkwater, Engels). Funnily enough I wanted Engels to play today, then he's at fault for 2 of their goals. 

I though jack was too unselfish at times

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If Danny Drinkwater starts another game for us we are down. He looks a stone and half overweight, has the look of a bloke who turned up after a night on the tiles and hoping a run around would sweat it out of him. Far too slow mentally as well as physically for where we are at this moment. Whoever sanctioned this signing wants shooting.

Not so much the signing of him, after all he was part of the Leicester team that won the league, it’s the fact smith picked him again when he’s clearly not match fit 

Not trying to make an excuse for Engels.. But if Borja hadn't tried to win the ball off Luiz then his flick on would have gone exactly where Borja would have been standing if he'd stayed there. 

26 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think there was plenty to like about today against quality opposition, but we defend like it's a meaningless dead rubber and not a key game in a relegation battle. That will catch up with us if we don't sort it out. 

It has 'caught up with us' and no, the manager and coaches have not sorted it out.

Regards,

VLD

• Like 1

Sickener. 

On a positive note, I thought Samatta looked class. 

Not sure how VAR gives that as a penalty, v harsh in my book but our players need to be much quicker coming in to prevent the rebound - Guilbert aside they were all on their heels. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â