Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think this puts an end to us signing raschica. 

I think the plan was sign 2 wingers and move Jack Central. Now I think we will keep jack wide left and barkley has come in to improve the middle. 

Agreed.

I think it would be weird to still sign a winger now. Barkley signing means jack stays on the left. A winger would be a back-up to jack or would mean Traore on the bench. I don't think a £18m player was signed to sit on the bench. We are not yet in that position.

Just now, AXD said:

Agreed.

I think it would be weird to still sign a winger now. Barkley signing means jack stays on the left. A winger would be a back-up to jack or would mean Traore on the bench. I don't think a £18m player was signed to sit on the bench. We are not yet in that position.

Or i guess we have a midfield 3 of Jack, barkley and luiz. 

But can't see that with the comments smith made about mcginn in the week.

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Barkley has played wide left before so I expect the see Jack and Ross swap positions quite a bit. 

I agree it’s kind of a halfway house with Jack playing LW vs AM. Like you I reckon they’ll change positions frequently.

In some respects it could be the best/cleverest option.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I suspect we are after a forward from another PL club or somewhere in Europe. If it doesn’t happen by Monday I am sure we will look to the Championship. Maybe Benrahma or King.

Let’s not forget Sarr 🤞

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How much do we believe Gregg Evans?

He didn't report the deal was close or anything. Why should we suddenly believe he knows about the deal and the ins and outs of who we want to sign and the like. It's clear that the media aren't very ITK about us. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think this puts an end to us signing raschica. 

I think the plan was sign 2 wingers and move Jack Central. Now I think we will keep jack wide left and barkley has come in to improve the middle. 

Sadly, I think you're right.

Saying that though, I think Barkley offers the same statement of intent as Rashica would've done, if not more. We have no doubts about how he can handle himself in the league and he'll almost certainly help us kick on.

I'd still love it if Rashica came as well, but if we've signed Barkley instead then we've done fantastically well.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anybody remember that random tweet from someone who never posts about football, had an egg as his profile picture and barely had any followers.
Just said, 'Barkley will sign for Villa, don't care if you don't believe me, it's happening'. Or something along those line.

Dem's the tweets we need to look out for more. Just random people who hear something, have no interest in being an 'ITK' account, and just post it. 

Exactly. It's those kind of bits of info that are the ones to take seriously. I said yesterday that the number of followers has nothing to do with reliability. Sometimes its the ones who've had an account since 2011 with 20 Tweets ever and 5 followers are the ones to look out for, especially when they're not seeking attention with the way they say whatever they're saying. Remember Dean Smith's son's mates list last year too? All this brings me back to this tweet from yesterday...

Who has now said this...

it's happening ron paul GIF

:popcorn:😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hope you're right. I'd love another top quality attacker signed. 

Doesn't even need to be a top quality one for me I'd settle for Josh King type signing on the bench and would happily call this a very very good window.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Well I log into BT expecting some fish puns and maybe a gif of a nice lady or two, and then I see this. 

I should stay off here more often

beat meat GIF

get out of here bill murray GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think 80 mill was the price before Grealish entered the england squad, I think the Owners would say more now just to put clubs off.

Let's face it why even let a player go for that much when its peanuts to the Owners, the worth isnt in the money, it's in fact in what Grealish will do at Villa.

There are so many reasons as to why Jack would stay at Villa and I can only think of one to take him away from the club, even with that one reason Grealish may see a chance to find Europe footy at Villa before his career is done.

Why is this even being discussed anyway after Jack put pen to paper for another five years, are people never satisfied that he wants to remain at Villa TRO?? You wouldnt sign a contract for five years if you were planning on leaving now would you mate??

Dave....in order to understand how the dialogue came about......Sarr was quoted as £50 mill as a selling price, by a poster....I said in supposition, "seems like they don't want to sell him, a bit like us with Jack"......Trent then countered and said Jack was never for sale, which is fair comment, perhaps he never was.....I was just going on Journo talk.

However, you too are right.....its a moot point. He is staying with us......Thank all concerned.

It was nothing sinister, just harmless banter.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly. It's those kind of bits of info that are the ones to take seriously. I said yesterday that the number of followers has nothing to do with reliability. Sometimes its the ones who've had an account since 2011 with 20 Tweets ever and 5 followers are the ones to look out for, especially when they're not seeking attention with the way they say whatever they're saying. Remember Dean Smith's son's mates list last year too? All this brings me back to this tweet from yesterday...

Who has now said this...

it's happening ron paul GIF

:popcorn:😉

No chance of Rashica signing are you crazy? You’ll be saying we can get Ross Barkley next. Deluded!!

• Haha 2