Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am pretty happy with the current business and delighted if the others come off.

Not sure why we seem so happy with the left back situation but I guess other areas are a higher priority for the money.

The Office Thank You GIF

Rico Henry and Targs will do for me, sell tayls 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Traore is very much in the same mold as Trezeguet and El Ghazi. Very inconsistent, yes. The finished product? Nope. Far from.

Rashica looks very decent though

You have no idea. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Jack just had his best ever season and fans seem so desperate to change his position.

Just.

Don't.

Get.

It.

Jack wants to play in midfield. He said as much himself. Sometimes if you think outside of all the preconceived ideas you have in your head the world might surprise you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Jack wants to play in midfield. He said as much himself. Sometimes if you think outside of all the preconceived ideas you have in your head the world might surprise you. 

So what? We have to do what's best for the team.

Just now, villalad21 said:

If he were the finished product and delivered on a consistent basis he wouldn't come here.

That should tell you something. Does that mean his ceiling is a Trez/AEG ceiling. Absolutely not. Does that mean his current threat level is the same as Trez/aet? Absolutely not. 

You spend so long basically repeating the same things and it's hilarious that you actually have never seen Traore play. By all means (I said this yesterday) be skeptical, but maybe level your scepticism to your own actual knowledge.

Anyway, looks like villatalk has become the villalad show again, so I'll leave you to it. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So what? We have to do what's best for the team.

He's a good advanced midfielder too as he's shown us. He's also going to have a say in his own career and if we're going to consistently play him 'out of position' I can't see him staying happy. 

Anyway, that's me done.

Edited by Rolta

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

That should tell you something. Does that mean his ceiling is a Trez/AEG ceiling. Absolutely not. Does that mean his current threat level is the same as Trez/aet? Absolutely not. 

You spend so long basically repeating the same things and it's hilarious that you actually have never seen Traore play. By all means (I said this yesterday) be skeptical, but maybe level your scepticism to your own actual knowledge.

Anyway, looks like villatalk has become the villalad show again, so I'll leave you to it. 

We are in no position to have players in our starting XI learning their trade for another season. We only barely survived on last day partly because of that.

We need ready made players who is ready to perform now.

Edited by villalad21

Beggars belief. It's as if this guy is talking about an 18 year old youth player. Traore has plenty of experience. 

It's not worth it. I thought it was good to loosen up on the ignore button for the new season but I was wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He's a good advanced midfielder too as he's shown us. He's also going to have a say in his own career and if we're going to consistently play him 'out of position' I can't see him staying happy. 

Anyway, that's me done.

We tried to play him as an 8 last season and it simply didn't work.

We need 2 box to box players in front of Luiz. That would be perfect.

God what i would give for a player like Allan. The guy ran absolute riots with Spurs yesterday.

59 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Encouraging to see the signings made thus far and the potential signings to come. However........I’m still waiting for that big, powerful CM?! That would be the icing on the cake for me if we land Traore and Rashica. We need a player like Everton now have in Doucoure. 

Could we get any of these guys?

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/finding-new-defensive-midfielder-for-spurs-data-analysis-statistics

Bakayoko on loan? Alvarez? Rongier?

Grujic may be a good signing for us & we have been linked.

We do need that strong, physical presence in MF to help us out in the tougher games and ensure we aren’t overpowered or too lightweight. It’s something we definitely lack in the squad atm.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We tried to play him as an 8 last season and it simply didn't work.

We need 2 box to box players in front of Luiz. That would be perfect.

God what i would give for a player like Allan. The guy ran absolute riots with Spurs yesterday.

I have to agree.  In my perfect world Jack would stay left and we would be bringing in an upgrade on Conor to beef up the midfield.  With Jack, John and Doug behind 3 forwards it looks really exciting going forward, but also rather too lightweight defensively.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Cash, Watkins, Martinez, Traoré, Rashica would be one hell of a window for what would look to be an initial 93.5million. For the perfect window, I still think we would need an experienced CB, and powerhouse CM. I don’t see us now getting a back up ST as both Traoré and Rashica can play there. 

I think we would need to move some players on first:-

Nyland and Kalinic 

Elmo 

Engels (if CB comes in)

Lansbury 

Jota 

Davis (Loan)

Only thing I'd like to add is a left back. Need to replace Taylor.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

I have to agree.  In my perfect world Jack would stay left and we would be bringing in an upgrade on Conor to beef up the midfield.  With Jack, John and Doug behind 3 forwards it looks really exciting going forward, but also rather too lightweight defensively.  

Dead on.

Jack is too lightweight in midfield. We need a player like Allan alongside McGinn.

Edited by villalad21