Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If we sign Wilson and Watkins, I’d get rid of 2 of Wesley/Samatta/Davis. Loan, sale, anything. 

Would be amazing if we could sell Wesley for 20m+ but can’t see anyone coming in for him.

None of our strikers are good enough. Wilson and Watkins would be a massive upgrade but there’s no point signing good strikers if they have no service. It’s massively important we sign 2 quality, creative players to play alongside Grealish. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Weird seeing fans of the team who scraped survival on the last day be underwhelmed by signing an England international striker for 20m. You would think we were Arsenal or something.

7 minutes against Montenegro when winning 5:1

14 minutes against Bulgaria when winning 6:0

45 minutes against Switzerland in Nations League 3rd place play off

79 minutes in a friendly against USA - in which he scored.

That career is a bit more Lee Hendrie than Wayne Rooney tbh.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Isn't this everybody's problem though....Why would the Club necessarily be after someone you want them to purchase? Or be willing to pay the quoted fee if they were? The reality is, what the club are after and what you think they are are two different stories. Your guessing, they aren't. 

The point is we SHOULD make those bids, I'm not guessing we are signing them just that we should have. Aarons for a reported 4 million more than Cash..... no brainer.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Weird seeing fans of the team who scraped survival on the last day be underwhelmed by signing an England international striker for 20m. You would think we were Arsenal or something.

We Villa supporters are a miserable lot, aren't we?  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

We all know what Southgate is like, I’d be shocked if a player performed to his potential.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yup, that's what happens when Harry Kane is there. It's the same at club level. I think this is the first time in 2 years he hasn't been called up to the national team. He's an international.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I like the Wilson move in theory but signing a 28 y/o player with 2 ACL injuries and another knee injury last year makes me nervous. I hope the medical is thorough!

Was it Micah Richards where we signed him but couldn’t get insurance cover for his knee issues so he he sat around for the duration of his contract not playing instead of being cut loose?

A ton of people have brought his ACL tears, but it should be a non-factor. Athletes completely recover from ACL tears now.

• Confused 1

Going to guess all this sudden activity means we've moved on from haggling over the top targets or they've turned the opportunity to come to Villa down...  Now we're on to the next targets on our list and they're more interested in the move.

GK - Sergio Romero instead of Perin

RB - Cash instead of Trippier

Winger - ??? instead of Rashica

Striker - Wilson instead of Watkins

40 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He really isnt an England international striker though is he.  4 caps in Mickey mouse games to appease Bournemouth fans when he was on a good run of form.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

He really isnt an England international striker though is he.  4 caps in Mickey mouse games to appease Bournemouth fans when he was on a good run of form.

TBH, it's 4 more than Grealish at the moment...  

Edited by KMitch
Engrish

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I think if you're being called up consistently to the national team over period of 2+ years, then you're considered an international. International squads are big, and when there's a player like Harry Kane ahead of you, you're hardly going to get many minutes are you?

• Like 1

Without knowing Lange and what he's like I'd say that non of the players linked so far seem like his suggestions. It's just players already in the country, already established to a point or from newly relegated teams or our managers previous team.

All of them are pretty much what I'd call lazy links if they were in the press. Are we lazy as a club or just not attractive to players abroad.