Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, VillaChris said:

I'd take a chance on Edouard. Generally the key players who move on from Celtic do very well (Wanyama, Van Dijk, Tierney and Moussa Dembele at Lyon). Would rather him than Morelos who was terrible yesterday.

He is a player I like and he is definitely better than Morelos. Celtic have unearthed some gems that have moved south, it always surprises me no English club has taken on a Scottish club as a testing ground for overseas players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

New stories that Man City are moving to trigger Luiz clause.

Wasn't it just a couple days ago they all stated the opposite 🤔

In what way does that make any sense to them? Do they intend to loan/sell him out on a bigger future fee? 

11 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Don't forget about when Steve Bruce chased Joe Bryan down the motorway from The Belfry...

car chase police GIF

Haha, yeah.....so I guess the conclusion is attempted hijacks of transfers a pit like p*ssing in the wind. You only get blowback....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In what way does that make any sense to them? Do they intend to loan/sell him out on a bigger future fee? 

That would be the only rationale but I thought Pep said he had no intention of activating the clause.

And let’s be realistic no way would Man C activate the clause only to sell him on for a £10m-£15m gain, only to strengthen a competitor like Arsenal etc.

Edited by rayk

32 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And you know we didn’t? I’m not saying we did or didn’t I’m just saying I’m not sure there is a basis to say we should/could have done more this summer to keep him.

We didn't lose him in the summer, we lost him in January.

He was recalled because we had Steer and Heaton injured, and needed cover.  He was getting 1st team games out on loan, and playing well, so to be recalled, he would be expecting some game time.

We then sign Reina, and he never gets a place on the bench.

I his shoes, i'd be pissed off too. Should not have recalled him from loan.

Feels like a Gary Cahill in the making, this one.

• Like 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

We didn't lose him in the summer, we lost him in January.

He was recalled because we had Steer and Heaton injured, and needed cover.  He was getting 1st team games out on loan, and playing well, so to be recalled, he would be expecting some game time.

We then sign Reina, and he never gets a place on the bench.

I his shoes, i'd be pissed off too. Should not have recalled him from loan.

Feels like a Gary Cahill in the making, this one.

I agree up to the Cahill but, I’ve no idea if he is any good or not.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree up to the Cahill but, I’ve no idea if he is any good or not.

He has potential to be a top class keeper, more potential than Cahill had when he left.

I'm massively disappointed in Villa that they effectively let him go by recalling him.  Hope i'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Interesting to see us linked to Sisto today, turned us down last summer and you would think well known to Lange. Could be an option for us.

He has talent but he also has issues, Struggled with depression, missed a lot of training sessions at Celta and got fined £60k for breaching quarantine rules driving to Denmark.

If he is available for the €4m that the papers say then he'd be an upgrade on Jota with potential that is much higher if his head is in the right place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He has talent but he also has issues, Struggled with depression, missed a lot of training sessions at Celta and got fined £60k for breaching quarantine rules driving to Denmark.

If he is available for the €4m that the papers say then he'd be an upgrade on Jota with potential that is much higher if his head is in the right place.

I didn’t know that background...

14 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

He has potential to be a top class keeper, more potential than Cahill had when he left.

I'm massively disappointed in Villa that they effectively let him go by recalling him.  Hope i'm wrong.

I’ve not seen him play but I just don’t think the point re Cahill is justified given Cahill had proven himself capable in the PL and whatever his potential he hasn’t yet made an appearance.

37 minutes ago, rayk said:

That would be the only rationale but I thought Pep said he had no intention of activating the clause.

And let’s be realistic no way would Man C activate the clause only to sell him on for a £10m-£15m gain, only to strengthen a competitor like Arsenal etc.

On what planet are Arsenal a competitor to Man City?

Sisto was pretty good up to start of 2019. Badly lost his way in last 18 months and hardly did anything last season at Celta for reasons stated above. 2 goals in La Liga last season (got 6 in 17/18).

Not sure he'd be much of an upgrade on El Ghazi.

Looking more and more likely we're getting pretty desperate for Rashica to say yes.