Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Wonderful to stay up.

However we're not got close to a point a game, could well still lose our key player who all our decent moves goes through and let's be honest our striker options are a disgrace for the premier league.

Our three strikers scored six prem goals all season. In fact given Wes scored two goals v Norwich out strikers scored in just 5 prem games.

We really really really need to learn lessons now and stop buying 5-6 project players. The odd one is fine but we badly need 3-4 steady heads in there and a decent striker otherwise it's another mass struggle next season.

Think we also finished 20 points off 10th place so that shows how far off from being even a top half team now in this league. We can get back there eventually but we need to start signing decent international standard players again while likes of Luiz  and Konsa hopefully improve further

Edited by VillaChris

Didn't want to post in here until I knew we were safe. Now we're in a great position, we don't need a complete new rebuild yet again. Just a few areas need top quality and hopefully that's what we do. 

Since we'll be playing Premier League again next season I'd love Eze. 

• Like 2

Right. let’s get shopping !

Djule Caleta-Car/ Kristoffer Ajer CB
Glenn Kamara - DM 

David Brooks AM

Calvin Stengs &/or Dwight McNeil - WF 

RafaelLeao/Sorloth/Muriqi/Edouard/Johnathan David/Belotti - ST 

just over a £100 mill 

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If the FFP is suspended, is there a chance we have the financial means to actually buy some players that will drastically improve us, i.e. not buy for squad depth this time around?

So far it's only the UEFA FFP that is suspended, not the PL or EFL.

Time to buy players before we start selling. If we have too many and can't offload then so be it. The 5 subs per game rule I think carries on next season so we need to get in 5 far better players than we currently have and 3 as good as what we already have.

We need 

A right back who is either a top player or as good as fred.

A left back who is as good as targett or better

That frees up taylor and elmo going.

We need 2 centre midfielders.

Ideally a hard man who can keep things moving and a play maker.

We need 2 wingers, el ghazi and trez to be back up only.

We need 2 forwards.

Hopefully a couple proper forwards so wes and samatta can be back up.

Davis can have a season loan in the championship to get 1st team experience and get his shooting boots sorted.

8 players is a lot but bearing in mind we have 5 keepers until reina goes, it isn't that many.

Just need Brentford to not go up, pinch Watkins and benramha for 2 of the positions. 

If we're clever we can sign the following 5 players for £27m.

Edinson Cavani, free. Firstly it's going to be a 1% chance of pulling this off. However Cavani is available on a free and we can sell him our vision. This will be a legacy signing. Luc Nilis was our legacy signing but unfortunately that horrible collision happened. Cavani will change Aston Villa. Profile, sponsors, other top players will take notice. Our defence will improve - Cavani is a horrible training pitch player because he is a fierce competitor our defence will have no quarter given on the training pitch. Nearly impossible but I truly believe we can sign him. Defends from the front.

Layvin Kurzawa - LB Free. Again lots of competition but he is another signing we can pull this off. Adds quality and pace to the LB position.

Ryan Fraser - LW Free. Tricky winger adds good speed and helps with defensive work. Solid crosser. Gets a goal too.

Baptiste SantaMaria - £12m a horrible opponent one of the best tacklers around and his positioning is brilliant. Him and Luiz in CDM means our full backs can push on. Grealish can then play in a free role knowing that these two are behind him.

Tyrese Campbell - £15m - one for the future but ridiculously fast. Very skillful too. Decent finisher looks like he has a good head on his shoulders and his father will keep him grounded. Lots of potential. 

If we can get that done asap it means Grealish might stay. Then we can focus on busting some release clauses:

Belotti. Young hungry and nasty. Ruthless finisher. Works so hard and is quick too. Passing isn't the best he does enough in the build up. A mentor like Cavani initially would be great for him.

This is the one signing alot of people are going to think I'm off my trolley about but hear me out. Inaki Williams. If we really wanna show we mean business then we need to match his release clause. It's the psychological effect of the signing more than anything. If we match the release clause then by extension the player knows we mean business. 

Cheaper Alternatives - RB Salzburg's front 3 - they are very good players especially Okafor and they usually have small release clauses.

Defence - I think we can last another season and I don't know who we can get in goal. I wouldn't mind Pepe Reina for another season his experience and class has helped.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 3