Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Would love someone like Franck Kessie in midfield. Had another excellent game for Milan last night although with them ending the season very strongly and financially in better shape now I doubt he'll be in a hurry to leave.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we stay up we'll spend around £207.7 Million pounds. That is a totally made up figure that I plucked out of thin air.

It will be quoted in the media tomorrow as fact. SunSources say Villa will spend 207.7million this summer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

Would love someone like Franck Kessie in midfield. Had another excellent game for Milan last night although with them ending the season very strongly and financially in better shape now I doubt he'll be in a hurry to leave.

My friend follows MIlan has said he has been crap for them and has only played better since lockdown started. 

If Grealish leaves and we only sign 3-4 players, we’ll be in exactly the same position next season as we are now.

We have a squad, yes, but it’s made up largely of players that aren’t good enough for this level. Players like Lansbury, Vassilev, El Ghazi, Jota, Nyland, Taylor etc. should be nowhere near a Premier League bench and yet they’re our options every week. 

6/7 players needed in my opinion. 5 of which should be guaranteed starters pushing some of the players currently in the side to be options off the bench. That’s how you improve. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Those calling for 10+ signings  have not learned the lessons of this season.  If we remain in the Premiership, 3-4 solid signings should be our aim. If we go down, obviously it will need to be much more due to potential departures of our top players.

There’s nothing wrong with signing 10+ players if they’re good enough.

Just because we messed it up last time doesn’t mean it isn’t a good approach if that’s how many players you need for the squad to be more competitive. 

Our scouting needs to be better. If you scout the right players, there shouldn’t be a limit on how many you should/can bring in. 

Edited by Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Grealish leaves and we only sign 3-4 players, we’ll be in exactly the same position next season as we are now.

We have a squad, yes, but it’s made up largely of players that aren’t good enough for this level. Players like Lansbury, Vassilev, El Ghazi, Jota, Nyland, Taylor etc. should be nowhere near a Premier League bench and yet they’re our options every week. 

6/7 players needed in my opinion. 5 of which should be guaranteed starters pushing some of the players currently in the side to be options off the bench. That’s how you improve. 

If we sold Grealish and got 4 quality players we be in a better shape as a club

• Like 1

Crystal Palace are supposedly after Odsonne Edouard from Celtic, that’s the kind of forward I’d like us to hijack the sale of and to try and attract. Scored 28 goals in 45 games this season, and some in the CL. 

• Like 2

I agree. I think we need 4 PL quality players to fill the front 3 positions and 1 in centre midfield. We then need a couple of young full backs that can provide competition and grow into PL full backs in time. Add in a bruising centre half and we are there or there abouts. 
All based upon us staying up of course.If we don’t, we need to keep our squad together as much as possible, add some pace in the wide forward positions, a bit more quality in centre mid and that should do us. I think we can retain everyone next season, excluding Jack, if we do go down. We will then come back up in a much stronger position. 

Most of the players you list are fine for subs bench options. Vassilev, El Ghazi, Nyland and Taylor are the type of players you need on the  bench.

We’re not a top club that can have options on the bench that offer more than the first team. Like most clubs at our level, our bench will be a mix of young potential, old experience and rotation options like El Ghazi that might come up with a moment of inspiration, but otherwise are second choice.

For what it’s worth, I agree with the 6/7 incomings. But I still think that (other than Jota & Lansbury) the names your mention above will still be making our bench regularly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

I don't expect YOU to know, just the smarter people.

Oh right! Then good idea asking on an Internet forum where lots of other members, other than myself, will have the inside knowledge of our finances. Good idea!

I’m trying to hold off thinking about how we might possibly bring, or who might leave until after tomorrow’s game. It’s difficult though!

Where is the game tomorrow being shown, Sky or BT Sports?

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably depends on what we get for Jack. I don’t think we are going to spend £140M on players against without sales.

Dean said there was going to big investment if we stay up this summer. So probably 100 million plus. This is the perfect summer to spend big. Most prices will be down and more players will be gettable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Those calling for 10+ signings  have not learned the lessons of this season.  If we remain in the Premiership, 3-4 solid signings should be our aim. If we go down, obviously it will need to be much more due to potential departures of our top players.

Then you clearly haven't learnt the lesson of this season we don't have enough depth. We have a playable squad of about 15 players. With he new 5 sub rule that is no where near enough. You need at least 20 and you want cover for injuries so what happened to us this season doesn't **** us over again. Which means you really need 22+. The people calling for 10+ signings are calling for 3 or 4 big signings and loads of bargain signings because the market is the cheapest it is going to be in the last 5 years. Now is the perfect time to invest into the squad depth that is necessary to challenge for the upper echelons of the division. Seriously jack has played every game this season and that is a recipe for disaster you need to be able to rest players throughout the season and right now we just can't do that. 

We need at the very least 1 big signing strikers.  A centre half and a big signing playmaker to replace Jack and potentially 2 wingers. We probably need another central midfielder too. Perhaps fullback cover, especially the left hand side?

It’s going to be another tough window but not as tough as the first season where we literally had 2 first team players after promotion. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Look at this @Delphinho123 is the only one talking sense what has the world come to. Hourihane has to start every game for us. Hourihane is an end of the bench player for most PL clubs but we need him to start. 

And whilst I don't agree with him on el ghazi who I think would be much better in a team with off the ball movement the others he mentioned are not up to snuff and we should invest in cheap young players who can be good as a backup whilst improving in the future as well.

We need at least 2 starting wingers, a striker (given wesley is out until at least October), another midfielder (probably 2 if we want to swap grealish to wing or back to the middle throughout the season, an experienced cb on a free, and a left back. That is at least 6 players we need and whilst we can get some of them for cheap we will still probably be lacking depth. Unless we sign 3 or 4 more cheap backups. 

47 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I’m trying to hold off thinking about how we might possibly bring, or who might leave until after tomorrow’s game. It’s difficult though!

Where is the game tomorrow being shown, Sky or BT Sports?

It’s BT

• Like 1