Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

IF we stay a premier league club I was thinking about this, Chelsea can sign players again this summer, they will probably buy some strikers...

Would this free up Abraham for a potential move? To the Villa!

4 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Grady Diangana - Don't know if West Brom will be looking to sell him, and if it's to us it'll likely be at a premium. Still think he'd be a great pickup.

Grady Diangana is on loan to West Brom from West Ham.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd rather have him than Benrahama, would probably be 10m cheaper aswell. He's got that touch of class about him as that goal tonight v WBA showed.

I like both, but both seem to lack the pace that everyone says we desperately need. 

Aside from that, they could both slot into our team. Eze is a good technical player and could replace Grealish, while Benrahma could replace one of our wingers. Slot Mitrovic in upfront and that’s a pretty good team.. (I’m already into football manager mode)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

IF we stay a premier league club I was thinking about this, Chelsea can sign players again this summer, they will probably buy some strikers...

Would this free up Abraham for a potential move? To the Villa!

They’re signing Havertz and Werner. I imagine Giroud will leave but that’s still stiff competition for Abraham. 

I doubt he’ll leave and if he does, it would probably be for 50m. We’re probably not at that level yet. 

Would take him in a heartbeat. 

We also might still go down. 

Edited by Delphinho123

Replacing Grealish will be the toughest task in the transfer window. We simply won’t be able to sign a player with that much ability so we’ll need to replace him with 4 new players across the attack. 

Individually, they won’t be as good, but as a collective we may be able to become a stronger team if we spend the money wisely. 

Losing Grealish is going to be a hammer blow. It’s very rare teams sell their best players and become stronger for it. 

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Replacing Grealish will be the toughest task in the transfer window. We simply won’t be able to sign a player with that much ability so we’ll need to replace him with 4 new players across the attack. 

Individually, they won’t be as good, but as a collective we may be able to become a stronger team if we spend the money wisely. 

Losing Grealish is going to be a hammer blow. It’s very rare teams sell their best players and become stronger for it. 

I agree with you but look at Liverpool after losing Coutinho to Barca. They have become so much better. There is hope. But we need to be in the premiership and we need to reinvest well! 

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like you say, if we stay up and if Grealish leaves, which is likely but not guaranteed, replacing him is top of the list of a fairly long list. 

I think it is possible to sell him but still improve the team, but how we spend the money is the key. If I recall correctly we spent the money from the David Platt sale well, on the flip side we wasted every penny of the Benteke money. Not necessarily by just buying poor players, it was how we used them and the overall mix that we got wrong. Although some were just bad players. 

It’s vital that we don’t do that again regardless of which division we’re in come Sunday night. On a bright note after selling Andy Gray, something that would have turned VT Into a destructive inferno had it happened now, we built a rather decent team and with a journeyman striker that got nobody excited when he signed. What do we know eh?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Why are people mentioning so many PL players who just got relegated? Cantwell - daft hair and probably 3 good games all season. Did I mention his daft hair? Billings is another who played OK against us and now people seem to think he's Viera. He's a below average player. At VP I seem to remember Howe had to bring him off because he was a gnats hair away from a 2nd yellow.

I'm always against getting relegated players. Let's sign some winners.

Are you bald, by any chance?

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How realistic would someone like Goncalo Guedes be? 23 years old, 21 caps for Portugal and already played for Benfica, PSG and Valencia in his career. Valencia have finished 9th and seemingly going to have another civil war so he might be sold.

If we are staying up and going to spend really big in summer those are types I'd be targeting rather than gambling on more unproven players. We need to be targeting players that can get us finishing top half and eventually back into european contention.

Jorge Mended client and Mendes has links to Valencia board as well. If Wolves wanted him we wouldnt have a chance

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re signing Havertz and Werner. I imagine Giroud will leave but that’s still stiff competition for Abraham. 

I doubt he’ll leave and if he does, it would probably be for 50m. We’re probably not at that level yet. 

They just gave Giroud a new contract

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Grady Diangana is on loan to West Brom from West Ham.

Not a bad season he has had with them. They really rate him and looking to making it a permanent deal. I think West ham are holding out for £11m

Also, Pereira who's also with them on loan from Benfica has equally had a good season.

Replacing Grealish will be tough, but I think any Premier League team we put out next season (if we survive) will be better than this one. Currently we have a small handful of top players (I’d say Mings, McGinn, Grealish & Luiz), and because Grealish is the only one in the front 3/4 that is top quality, it means that he’s always double marked or is always the one that has the pressure on him.

By staying up we can try to bring in more quality in advanced areas, so having 2-3 quality forwards instead of 1 will only benefit us.

I’m going back in time a bit here, but remember when Spurs sold Bale, I think they bought about 7 players with that money, including Lamela, Capoue, Erikson, Paulinho and Soldado. I know not all of them were a success, and the market has changed now, but just imagine if we can spend the Grealish money (eg: £65m) on two players, and then the rest of our transfer money (eg: £100m) on three players. We will be a much, much better side, even without Jack.

I think as well, we’re actually too reliant on Jack now, and I’d rather we had more than one ‘danger man’ that we always look for. It’ll be exciting knowing that we can attack down either flank or through the centre and give defences more to worry about than El Ghazi or Trez. (Forgive me Trez, you have done well since the planet went kaput).

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not a bad season he has had with them. They really rate him and looking to making it a permanent deal. I think West ham are holding out for £11m

Also, Pereira who's also with them on loan from Benfica has equally had a good season.

I think Periera is due to sign on a permanent because of a clause in the loan. Around £9m I read.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

the new Micah Richards

I think he’d bring good experience, as long as it’s not a massive contract. Most would have said the same about Danny Ings.

If Grealish was to go and we stay up, sign the following with the money:

Grant, Swift, Eze, Cantwell, Sibley

Probably best part of £60-70m right there, but would be money well spent.