Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Madness they didn't move Djokovic to centre court considering Federer had finished by 7pm.

I know he has an easy match but it's still a day less to recover for the quarters.

yes stupid but Djokovic will fancy his chances against Berdych. Berdych doesn't have the game to beat him

Today I thought Venus played very well but I do think Ostapenko needed to use more nouse as you cant stand inside the baseline against a big server like Williams and her serve is an issue still. Konta has a great serve. Yes think she will beat Williams. Halep played incredibly well for two sets but as usual she has this habit of losing the really big matches. 

he will, i hope he's injured as that is the only legitimate excuse for putting on this shower of putrescent effluent he's put forward in the past hour. Absolute garbage. Querrey is someone he should demolish in straight sets if he's playing properly.

Federer is laughing

Out. 

he should have won it in three tbf, the 2nd set was a load of baloney tossed away. Win that, he'd have survived and been able to recover. 

He'll lose the no 1 ranking, deservedly so, he's been pants ( ok and injured ) since getting there. Deserved to get it, but equally deserves to lose it. Been a very poor year for him. Still, I suppose if he can get over injuries and find some fresh motivation from somewhere ( he really should have more than 3 slams before he retires, would be underachieving if he get's no more ) then at least he isn't defending too many points next time around. But right now, he looks utterly hopeless

Quelle surprise.

murray's body is wrecked due to his recent years of success with long seasons and multiple matches.

to be fair, he progressed further than I thought, with his hip injury and lack of real playing time on grass. 

So, as murray is out and the last remaining Brit in the singles is Johanna Konta, what does Henman Hill/Murray Mound get renamed as??

the Konta Knoll? 

• Like 1

Murray needs to take the rest of 2017 off, including skipping the US Open and aim to be at full fitness for the Aus Open and see if he can finally win that after being runner-up so many times.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â