Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Kerber has had a shocking seson cant see her doing anything. If Konta can stay fit I like her chances. other than that kvitova won a tournament after coming back from her shocking ordeal. I would love ostapenko to follow up her RG win and win Wimbledon, then we know for sure she is a star.

Runner-up last year though, knows her way around a grass court definitely and looks good value at 17/1.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I like Kerber and Svitolina in the women's side. 

I like the look of Wozniacki and Cibulkova. Together. In a hot tub. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Murray won't reach the quarters imo.

he looks shot to pieces and his body is no longer coping with the physical demands.

like the look of Thiem but could be too soon for him. 

Pretty short sighted to write Murray off imo. He's just reached the semi's of the French Open and is the defending champion here!

No chance for Thiem imo, surface is too fast for him.

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Runner-up last year though, knows her way around a grass court definitely and looks good value at 17/1.

If she can find her form then yes its great value

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Pretty short sighted to write Murray off imo. He's just reached the semi's of the French Open and is the defending champion here!

No chance for Thiem imo, surface is too fast for him.

yes he did well in the French but he lost at Queens. If he gets to the second week he will be in the mix

Nadal's last five Wimbledons:

2016: Didn't play

2015: Second round

2014: Fourth round

2013: First round

2012: Second round.

He is playing with a lot more confidence and intensity now but still don't see him winning on grass again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nadal's last five Wimbledons:

2016: Didn't play

2015: Second round

2014: Fourth round

2013: First round

2012: Second round.

He is playing with a lot more confidence and intensity now but still don't see him winning on grass again.

Neither do I but its so difficult to pick a winner this year.  Cilic only has a chance because Djokovic and Murray are out of sorts. May as well go left field and pick a rank outsider like Zverev

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

yes he did well in the French but he lost at Queens. If he gets to the second week he will be in the mix

yes, I think fortunately he has a kind first week draw Bublik - a wildcard who could hit some fun shots but shouldn't threaten Murray over 5, Then Sousa or Dustin Brown, seeded to then meet Fognini - unlikely given it's grass then possibly Kyrios in the 4th. Kyrios has yet to consistently do it at a slam - he obviously has the talent, so I guess that would be Murray's first proper test. He's lucky to avoid the half with Roger and Novak

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Federer will win Wimbledon.

He is probably the one player that's ever played the game who plays no tennis for months and then comes back just as good. A complete natural so yes if hes going to win an 8th Wimbledon then this is the one. 

Edited by PaulC

Kyle Edmund's "enclosure"...that blonde with the huge rack.

cameraman keeps panning over, pretending to look at the dude on the front row, I know better...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

cameraman keeps panning over, pretending to look at the dude on the front row, I know better...

I knew once I seen that you had posted in here that it would be something to do with that :)

• Like 1

Yes she should replace Sue Barker. Much more interesting. Enjoyed the Kerber match. it was  game of skill not power. 3rd seed Pliskova out. Konta's best chance of winning Wimbledon I think.  If ostapenko can get as far as the quarters I think she has a great chance of doing back to back slams as its always on her racket. 

On 7/6/2017 at 14:20, rjw63 said:

Pics or GTFO

While I don't like Nick Kyrgios, I can't knock his skills in taking two18yo tennis starlets (Monique Belovukovic and Chelsea Samways) back home with him. 

Spoiler

4214949200000578-4670498-He_said_he_had_

42149B0E00000578-4670498-The_trio_were_a

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â