Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

yeah, she was so good - hitting spectacular winners and going for it boldly even when she missed a few. Aggressive but consistent, well deserved. Defensive players like Halep and murray should take note

45 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yeah, she was so good - hitting spectacular winners and going for it boldly even when she missed a few. Aggressive but consistent, well deserved. Defensive players like Halep and murray should take note

True but you have to have the power in the first place and Halep who is prob the best mover in the game  couldn't live with her power. She hits the ball harder than many men

No way is Stan winning this, he could well have a set where he outhits Nadal for 20 minutes from the back of a court but beating a fit Nadal over 5 sets on clay is a near impossible thing to do. Nadal in 4 I think.

I've never hugely warmed to Nadal but you have to respect how he's come back from yet another injury and he's obviously the best clay courter of all time. On his season so far he deserves this as he dosen't do much at Wimbledon anymore.

Wimbledon will be more interesting.

Federer will be favourite but hasn't played for two months.

Murray as ever will be there or thereabouts, arguably the best mover on grass nowadays and he's getting his match confidence back after a difficult year.

Djokovic in no mans land, difficult to see him challenging.

Grass dosen't suit Wawrinka.

Nadal in great form but amusingly hasn't made it past 4th round at SW19 since 2011 so that's a long time to suddenly become brilliant on grass again.

Be nice to see a young guy go on and actually win it but don't think grass is that great for likes of Theim and Zverev.

Yes its very very open. Andy Murray for me I think. he's getting back into form at the right time. Womens difficult to call as well. Konta has a chance. Interested to see how Ostapenko goes. 

Sharapova now skipping the entire grass season to recover from injury.

She was due to play the Aegon Classic at Edgbaston but her slot has now been taken by Ostapenko.

8 of the current top 10 and the new french champion is the strongest this tournament has been for years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

She was due to play the Aegon Classic at Edgbaston but her slot has now been taken by Ostapenko.

8 of the current top 10 and the new french champion is the strongest this tournament has been for years

Should be good

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Image result for ooh matron

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Think Cilic is a decent bet at 18/1....grand slam winner, reached Queens final and really should've beaten Federer last year but bottled it at 2 sets up in the quarters.

He's the outsider I'd be backing outside the usual suspects.....so expect him to be a shock first round casualty. :D

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Cilic is a decent bet at 18/1....grand slam winner, reached Queens final and really should've beaten Federer last year but bottled it at 2 sets up in the quarters.

He's the outsider I'd be backing outside the usual suspects.....so expect him to be a shock first round casualty. :D

Cilic has a 6-11 record against top 20 on grass. He plays Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first round, who has beat Cilic six times including once this year. If Cilic wins that, he'll probably play Troicki who has beaten him five out of the last six times they've met.  

I like Djokovic to win. Tsonga my outsider at 80/1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I like Kerber and Svitolina in the women's side. Men's should be between Federer and Murray.

Kerber has had a shocking seson cant see her doing anything. If Konta can stay fit I like her chances. other than that kvitova won a tournament after coming back from her shocking ordeal. I would love ostapenko to follow up her RG win and win Wimbledon, then we know for sure she is a star.

Cant pick the mens. The odds on Djokovic look good value but he might meet Del Potro in third round so that could be a big test. Murray no I don't fancy his chances. Lost at queens. Federer I thought but he hasn't played much tennis lately. If Nadal gets to the later stages I think he will win it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â