Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

They had a great run together. Who knows the real reasons for his fall in form but I guess having won the French for the first time and holding all 4 slams at the same time his motivation went a little bit.

• 1 month later...

Excellent win for Solihull born Dan Evans earlier knocking out one of the favourites in Cilic.

He's really come on in the last 12 months, and should be top 50 in the world after this tournament. We might finally be seeing some sort of resurgence in British tennis with Edmund also looking like a top 50 player. Women's side isn't too bad either with Watson still doing ok and new Brit Konta seeing to establish herself in the top 10.

Exciting times ahead for this years Wimbledon.

yeah, he was playing superbly. Having a good start to the year. Edmund is looking good to - I think he can win his next match, and that would set up a match with Djokovic. Think he could push him pretty hard if that happens. Konta's rise has just been outstanding it's amazing. Think she's seeded to meet Serena in the QFs which would be a good clash to see. 

Hope Watson can recover back into the top 40/50. At her peak she could edge top 30 but needs more consistency But she's gota good chance to get into the third round here

Disappointing from both Edmund and Watson. The latter choked away so many match points and missed opportunities against a lowly qualifier. A waste of an opportunity. Istomin taking a set of Novak was fun. I'm sure it won't last but a pleasant surprise.

Konta looks goood atm.

• Like 1

Erm...He might lose this! 5 3 Denis in the final set!

he has, fantastic for Istomin, great chance for Murray, Dmitrov and Raonic, also I suppose Federer will be happy too. 

Edited by Rodders

On 12/7/2016 at 16:13, briny_ear said:

Djoko's gone off the rails for some reason in the last 6 months. Can't see his split with Becker making things any better for him.

What a coincidence that his drop in form appears to coincide with the Sharapova scandal. 

Yes I agree Rodders. Becker hinted as much by saying he had lost the intensity in training. It must be so hard to dominate the sport for so long the way he has done. He may win one or two more slams he may not but He's still one of the greats. Its Murray's time now before he drops off which is inevitable.

Not a tennis fan at all, really, but I'm rooting for Villa fan Dan in the Oz open.

Blose fan I work with knows him as he's his lad's mate, stayed at his house over Christmas, he's rooting for him too, even though he's a Villan.

10 hours ago, turnbull said:

Not a tennis fan at all, really, but I'm rooting for Villa fan Dan in the Oz open.

Blose fan I work with knows him as he's his lad's mate, stayed at his house over Christmas, he's rooting for him too, even though he's a Villan.

He's just won today again. An excellent win, first time getting this far in a Slam. He'll be up against in his next match against Tsonga who could power him off the court, but the way he's playing, it should be a good contest at least. 

• Like 1

Wow. Epic fail by Murray

Got utterly humped by a no mark player in tge 4th round in a tournament when novak is out. **** worst number 1 in the world. Goddawful pack of shit from him today. So passive and uninspiring. What a **** loser.

Still can now root behind federer or nadal to show him how you actually win

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

Wow. Epic fail by Murray

Got utterly humped by a no mark player in tge 4th round in a tournament when novak is out. **** worst number 1 in the world. Goddawful pack of shit from him today. So passive and uninspiring. What a **** loser.

That's a bit harsh, mate.

Yes, it's a very disappointing result (though from what I heard it was one hell of a performance from Zverev) but the shit that Murray gets when he loses is very OTT.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â