Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

It was good to see Del potro back. What the defeat with Djokovic proves its so hard Wimbledon after winning the French. I'm sure the emotions of finally gettting the French took something out of him.  I honestly dont rate Raonic Chris. Big Serve and thats it. He doesn't move particularly well. I think Murray has it sealed now.

I think he's the most naturally gifted young player around. I watched just the first set because i knew once he lost that Murray would win easily. In that first set he had a great chance to get a break but he tries a stupid drop shot when he could have hit a straight winner. His shot management is poor but he serves 135 mph plus, got all the shots in the book but he needs to grow up. 

Murray has it nailed. If Federer is fit enough. He's missed most of the season, he could win his 18th slam. Remember how he thrashed Murray in the semi last year. If he gets to the final and serves like that he can win it. I dont see anybody else in with a chance of stopping Murray now. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36735499

Former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli says she "fears for her life" after contracting an unknown virus that has caused her dramatic weight loss.

France's Bartoli was barred from playing in an invitational event at Wimbledon this week after doctors expressed fears over her health.

Bartoli, who insists she is not anorexic, says the virus is so rare medical experts have no name for it.

"This is not life. I am just surviving," said the 31-year-old.

What a shame. I thought she had lost weight when I last saw her on tv. 

Raonic playing a tremendous all round match v Federer, I honestly don't think he's as bad as made out, he's certainly more than a servebot last 18 months.

Would still expect Murray to beat him though as Federer's ROS isn't great anymore and he's still been in many of Raonic's service games. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Raonic playing a tremendous all round match v Federer, I honestly don't think he's as bad as made out, he's certainly more than a servebot last 18 months.

Would still expect Murray to beat him though as Federer's ROS isn't great anymore and he's still been in many of Raonic's service games. 

Yes maybe I was a bit dismissive. He has tidied up his game a lot and has proved theres more to his game than just his serve. I think Murray will beat him but he will have to take his opportunities which Federer failed to do when 0-40 in the 4th set. Murray's return game is so much better than Federers though. This could have been Federers last chance to win another slam. i expect Djokovic to be fired up once again in the US open. I also think the work load on Murray will tell if he still plays in the Davis cup and the Olympics. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Venus is out. Kerber will beat Serena. 

Kerber beat her in the Australia open and I think she has a real chance but the odds of 1.31 for Serena dont lie. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yes for sure.

He's never had that freebie slam final against lower ranked player Nadal, Djokovic and Federer all had early on in their careers.

Murray's had to wait until he's 29 for his.

Yes but Djokovic has never won a slam without having to beat at least one of the big other big  3 on the way. Murray has had a real easy path to this final. Ok Tsonga played well but he'd expect to beat him. In 2013 he didn't play a top ranked player on his way to the final. 

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

Can't warm to Serena. I know shes a great champion but its like watching a heavyweight against a lightweight in boxing. Never a fair contest. 

I was in this camp where it is Serena the Predator vs other humans and it always seems unfair. But at the age of 34 and ultimately still the best by a distance, it's hard not to admire her in someway. And obviously you can say the same about the Fed too, but the men's game is a lot harder to keep at pace

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â