Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Federer needed to play out of this world in order to win and he simply didn't, made way too many unforced errors and generally silly mistakes. His first serve wasn't terrible but needed to be better, he was particularly poor on his second serve.

Djokovic was too powerful and athletic for him, the age gap showed, Federer, who is still quick around the court, was made to look slow and at times weak.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Roddick's been a good addition as a pundit this week. Wasn't a huge fan of him as a player although I did respect him a lot after the way he conducted himself and played v Fed in Wimbledon 2009, a match he shouldn't have lost.

Was a bit worried he was talking too fast for TV when first heard him on their coverage but excellent punditry today. Could well take over properly once McEnroe has had enough doing it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Another great win for Novak Djokovic. Thats 3 out of the 4 slams he has won this year matching his record in 2011 and he was also in the final at Roland Garros losing to Wawrinka. 

Thats 10 now in total 7 behind Federer and 4 behind Nadal who he will surely catch up. At 28 and in the peak of condition 6 years younger than Federer who is his only real challenger at the moment he can win many more slams and be up there with Federer as the greatest of all time.

• 2 months later...

An incredible season ends with another win at the ATP tour finals for Djokovic. The most dominant season i can remember by a single player ever. Maybe Federer when the compeition wasn't so tough equalled it but for me he's moved the game to another level entirely.

He only lost to four people all season.  Murray, Federer, Wawrinka and, er, Ivo Karlovic.  Reached the final of every tournament he entered except the very first one of the year, the prestigious Qatar ExxonMobil Open in January which is the tournament he was beaten by Ivo Karlovic in.  He entered 16 singles tournaments, reached 15 finals, won 11 of them. 

He's alright I guess. 

Can't say he won't, he's highly motivated and everybody else is so far behind him right now, he could easily win  7 slams out of the 12 in the next three years and he'll still be three years younger than Federer is now!

I snagged the last 2 corporate tickets for the first day when they play Japan in March ... hope to get my hands on the trophy as well :) 

Murray clearly in a league above ..and yet he plays far to a defensive game for my liking

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â