Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

It was a great final but I always had a feeling that Novak would get back into it, but he didn't which is credit to Warwinka. 

It's Warwinka's second grand slam and he is 30, reckon he may get one or two more.

He has every chance I agree if he plays like that but this tournament is the only form he's shown all season. Cilic last season won the US but done nothing since. i wouldn't bet on him for Wimbledon. 

• Like 1

He has every chance I agree if he plays like that but this tournament is the only form he's shown all season. Cilic last season won the US but done nothing since. i wouldn't bet on him for Wimbledon. 

I think if he does win another grand slam it will be either US/Aus Open.

Yes, i think he must move above Murray in the rankings as well. Why is it all the best players are late 20s or 30s. The players in the early 20s are just not challenging like they should be. Nishikori, so much talent but a lightweight. Dimitrov talent but not committed enough. Raonic, just a big serve. I don't see much changing in the next two years. Although theres a couple of teenage aussies who look pretty special. 

• Like 1

Yes, i think he must move above Murray in the rankings as well. Why is it all the best players are late 20s or 30s. The players in the early 20s are just not challenging like they should be. Nishikori, so much talent but a lightweight. Dimitrov talent but not committed enough. Raonic, just a big serve. I don't see much changing in the next two years. Although theres a couple of teenage aussies who look pretty special. 

Nick Kyrgois looks like a real talent, if I remeber rightly he beat Nadal at Wimbledon last year?

• 3 weeks later...

Was listening to the Colin Murray show this morning. They are such idiots they cant even get the facts right about Wimbledon, firstly making out Murray would be seeded 2, then saying as he's seeded 3 he now meets Djokovoic in the semis's. No the draw hasn't been made yet. They way Colin Murray sucked up to Marion Bartoli monday made me want to puke. Thank god the bbc got rid of him. 

• 3 weeks later...

No posts on Wimbledon yet. Tomorrows semi between Federer and Murray should be interesting. The BBC experts all seem to think Murray will win but Federer hasn't broken sweat yet and has a 3 match winning run against him. 

Federer has won 4 out of their last 5 meetings, despite the fact that the head to head is very close, that is a telling stat really.

Both won their pre wimbledon grass tournaments and both are playing well.

50-50 match to be honest, wouldn't like to call it but hope Murray wins of course.

Murray for me. They haven't played this season yet and he's been in great form. Last year at the O2, when Fed humped him, he was exhausted- he played 5 tournaments in a row to qualify for the finals. Federer will be tough but still Murray in 3/4 this year.

Think Dokovic - Gasquet could be interesting, the latter has played very well this tournament.

I think it will be easy for djokovic. Gasquet had played well but djokovic has always had his number.

He will be so relieved he's not meeting stan.

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â