Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Djok will probably have too much but Murray is in with a sniff.

His first serve needs to fire to succeed I'd imagine.

Hope the haters are out when it's on. Always enjoy reading undeserved Murray bashing.

I'm not a massive fan of Murray, not because of some crap he said about England, I just don't find him a very likeable person... 

Is that an ok opinion to have or do I have to like him because he's British? ... :)

I think he's focused and driven , and good knows we English don't' like winners , so probably why he doesn't always engage with us 

I've seen a very dry humour from him on interviews sometimes , maybe he's not for everyone but I like what I've seen of him  .. his joke about  Federer when he withdrew from the Master final  and Murray  saying I hadn't realised I'd worn him out so much  ( Fed had won 6-0 ,6-1 ) showed he has  a good sense of self-deprecation

the stand up to cancer show he was on was also quite good , he was casting (wit Richard Ayoade ) for the role of Murray in "Andy Murray the film"

Tim Henman was one who went for the lead role and was told by Murray he was “flat, dull and unengaging – exactly what we are looking for” and he had definitely made the final two.

“I’ve never made the final two,” Henman said. “The nation knows that,” Ayoade said.

• Like 2

I like Murray and I think he's actually pretty underrated. He makes himself incredibly difficult to beat, by playing smart tennis, good angles, and getting what should be clean winners back into play time and time again.

He plays like Lleyton Hewitt in his prime. The combination of clever strategy, good ability to read the play and elite level movement is really good to watch. Hewitt got overtaken by the supermen in Federer and Nadal, but I think Murray has gone to another level of this sort of thing and can make life very difficult for them.

• Like 1

Gamesmanship from Djok

Holding his ankle all through that second game looking like he's in trouble and then bang breaks back...

This looks like it will go to whoever is mentally the strongest

Always brings about the question what would Murray have done had he been about in Tim Henman's era?   Sampras and Agassi would have been fierce competition but I don't think they hang with the trio of Federer, Nadal and Djok which Murray has had to compete with. 

I think Murray would have easily got the better of Sampras, his return of serve is one of his strongest points.

Fully deserved set, I still think Djok will win but this is a strange match in which there are lots of breaks of serve.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â