Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I thought that as well too. It was certainly a crass and stupid comment but racist? Absolutely not. 

Is she taking 'brothers' as the racial slur, that is the only way I could possibly see she is going with that accusation?

(I think she's really stretching it, though)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

jinxed it. He won a game. But this has been a diabolical humiliation for Murray. So tragically poor he might as well retire. Federer has also been supreme to be fair, but he's 33 ffs. Anyway, thank god it's over and the season ends at last for Murray. There'll be long odds he'll ever win another slam again. Still 2 is better than a kick in the pants.

He said afterwards he was embarassed for Murray. Novak and Fed the two best players this years will have a good tustle in the final. Hard to call the winner but Djokovic maybe has the slight edge given his record indoors.

Should never have split from Lendl. I know it's not unusual for tennis players to move from coach to coach frequently, but it was clearly working for him. 2 grand slams attest to it.

How is that Murrays fault? Lendl wanted to follow his daughters golf careers and play more tennis on the senior tour himself. 

and a new coach wouldn't make as much difference as people think, he's not as good since his back surgery. Fact is he hasn't beaten a top player since then and taken some really beatings against Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. Also the top 2 have got better. 

Should never have split from Lendl. I know it's not unusual for tennis players to move from coach to coach frequently, but it was clearly working for him. 2 grand slams attest to it.

How is that Murrays fault? Lendl wanted to follow his daughters golf careers and play more tennis on the senior tour himself.

Fair enough, I was clearly uninformed.

he said he wasn't "match fit" which sounds a bit pathetic really, but only he knows really. But Wawrinka's even more pissed off.

Fed has never ever pulled out of a match injured. So to think he's pulled out now just because he was tired is just utter nonsense. He has a hugely important Davis cup final to play in. His season isn't over unlike Djoko etc.. 

If Fed had a back injury (which he suffered with all of last year yet he kept playing) and tried to play and aggravated it, pulled out during the match and missed the Davis cup final he'd be feeling really stupid for playing. 

Yes I think it was really good of him to come in front of the crowd and explain that he couldn't play. I guess he could have and made his back worse but it wouldn't have been a match anyway so there was no real point in him risking serious injury over a game he couldn't win. He is 33 now and his body is breaking down.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â