Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Federer is awesome and the greatest of all time, end of, Djokovic isn't fit lace his boots.

I don't disagree with you but their head to head is pretty even and he was the one that made Nadal alter his game.  Nadal v Federer hasn't been a contest for a long time

Just come across this comment about Murray on another forum

"If he wins he's british if he loses he's scottish" 

Did you hear the one about the chicken crossing the road?  Honestly, bang up to date cutting edge comedy that is, as well! ;)

Haha VT banter at its best

The Nadal Federer head to head is skewed by Nadals 13-2 record on clay court. This is because Federer is so good on that surface he has beat all others bar Nadal so often he ends up facing him in a Final and losing. Nadal has been knocked out of many tournaments before he faced Federer, this in tournaments Federer would very likely have beaten him in.  

Their record away from Clay reads 10-8 to Nadal and you have to factor in Nadal has met Federer zero times in the US Open, he's met him 3 times at Wimbledon and lost twice and narrowly won the other. Those are the two slam surfaces Federer has been best on as they are the quickest. Not to mention the plenty of the rivalry has come in Federers declining years (2010 - present).

So too much stock is put in Nadals head to head record with Federer imo. What is difficult is gauging the two properly, Nadal is by far the best clay player ever, but he's won a total of 5 slams off that surface and 4 of those came in a 25 month period. 

So if Rafa goes on to end his career with 12 French Open titles and 6 other slam titles and never having won the "indoor slam" the ATP World Finals, can we really say he is the best ever? 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Djokovic is without doubt the second best clay court player behind Nadal. and is probably the best hard court player around today... He's also the most consistent player around.  Look how many atp tour events he wins and he has won the last two atp tour finals...Federer is the best on grass no argument there,.  and I've already said he's the greatest player of all time but how many slams did he win before Nadal and Djokovic became good. 

In recent years Nadal has had the better of Federer because his forehand against Federers backhand is no match.

So can I get this correct, despite saying Federer is the best player of all time you really think Djokovic is better than Federer? 

And Djokovic is the second best clay court player ever after Nadal?

Edited by CVByrne

Currently he's better than Federer and yes he's the only one that has been able to challenge Nadal at Paris apart from that one time Nadal has lost. He beat Federer in straight sets there in 2012.  Federer may win at wimbledon because he is the best on grass. But over his whole career Federer is better than Djokovic yes.

Edited by PaulC

So you think Djoko is second best clay court player ever? 

Modern Djokovic only emerged when Federer's career was well on the wind down in 2011 (yet Federer beat Djokovic 3-1 in the French Open that year). 

So you think Djoko is second best clay court player ever? 

Modern Djokovic only emerged when Federer's career was well on the wind down in 2011 (yet Federer beat Djokovic 3-1 in the French Open that year). 

No currently, not sure what you are trying to defend... I have already said Federer is the greatest of all time. He has the most natural ability out of any tennis player

Getting a real 'changing of the guard' feeling this year.

Although I think Djokovic will win it.

Yes you could make a case for all 4 players. I hope Djokovic wins it because he has been in so many finals in the last 18 months without winning. he deserves to win one..Won't mind too much if Dimitrov wins though!

He's been there for every Bouchard game. Fellow Canadian I guess....I can't imagine Sheldon Cooper being a tennis fan.....

Its bad that the players keep injuring themselves because of the state of the surface behind the baselines. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Nah, he's from Texas. I looked into it and apparently Bouchard is a big fan of The Big Bang Theory and after finding out Jim Parsons was a huge Tennis fan she invited him along.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â