Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

In terms of looking at things from a British perspective, the only thing bigger then this is England winning a world cup or a Euro Championship.

What about an Englishman winning Wimbledon?

Delighted for Murray, what a great game,. Djokovic is a great sportsman as well and he was very gracious in defeat.

• Like 1

In terms of looking at things from a British perspective, the only thing bigger then this is England winning a world cup or a Euro Championship.

Bit harsh on Ennis and Farah and co

No, their achievements were great. All the British olympic champions were great, whether it be the rowers, gymnasts, or athletes. But a Brit winning Wimbledon is bigger in my opinion.

Edited by Voinjama

Well done to the Scot, who received the key parts of his tennis coaching abroad, and has improved recently due to coaching from a Czech. As an Englishman, I feel so proud :)

It's similar to how I feel when my team, which is owned by an American, managed by a Scot, with players from Bulgaria, Spain and a host of other nations, wins a match. :)

• Like 1

The team based in Birmingham, with roots and a rich history in the area where I grew up, and who I've been to watch from the age of five? Yeah, I love them too :)

I can't wait to watch the next Six Nations. Hopefully Wales will win because they're a British team and I'll be immensely proud if they do :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â