Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Dominated the match from start to finish. This guy couid end up being the best ever if he has the same motivation as Djokovjc, Federer and Nadal

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Djopeovic hammered. Never seen him beaten like that before.

His opponent was half his age. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

His opponent was half his age. 

Plus only just came back from injury as well. Quite remarkable really djoko is still there about for the final (bar the lucky walkover)

Changing of the guard and about time.

I think the achievements of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal were amazing but now it’s time for the new breed.

Hopefully there can be a few years whereby the finals aren’t predictable until the next dominant force takes over. 

• 1 month later...

Anybody sensing something special by Draper at the US Open? The draw has certainly opened up for him, if he can beat Alcaraz's conqurer, you never know. Whatever happens, Draper most definitely has the talent to become a top 5 player imo.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anybody sensing something special by Draper at the US Open? The draw has certainly opened up for him, if he can beat Alcaraz's conqurer, you never know. Whatever happens, Draper most definitely has the talent to become a top 5 player imo.

Definitely has the tools.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He has a chance to go deep. The US is often the most open of the 4 as it is at the end of the season and players are knackered. I think that is what did to Novax and Alacaraz competing in the olympics. They have had to go clay-grass-clay-hardcourt in about 3 months which is nuts.

Shelton-Tiafoe was a good match which for some reason was not in the evening session, but handy for UK viewers.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just seen the Draper score, he's up two sets and 5 - 2 in the third. That's some going , he might just be in with a shout of winning this thing.

Incidentally, if anyone has a Sky Bet account you can log on and watch it for free. 

On 31/08/2024 at 12:58, sheepyvillian said:

Anybody sensing something special by Draper at the US Open?

I am now. 

He needs to get a t shirt that fits him though. He looked like he was playing in a sleeping bag. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I am now. 

He needs to get a t shirt that fits him though. He looked like he was playing in a sleeping bag. 

Nice to see. The year Murray called it a day and, Draper fills the void. Tbf, I think a lot of us sensed the potential, it was just a matter of his body adapting to the rigours of top - tier tennis. Whatever happens here on in, he can be happy with achieving a place in the semi-final of a slam. Let's not forget, this is the slam where Murray finally got over that line, only seems like yesterday, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes massive as Sinner is big fav and wasn't he found out to be on the old steroids.

The actual reason he gave about the Steroids being in his system was ridiculous, so ridiculous, they believed it.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Great win for Sinner last night. Shutting up that brash and uncouth crowd. Love it. 

I only really watch Wimbledon and this might sound a big snobbish but I found it very strange to see tennis with a lack of rules and etiquette. The crowd was in and out, empty seats for big games and even the dress code.

I do like how the different types of courts changes the game though.

Great story for Draper but Sinner looked a level above Fritz. Need a 3rd to stand up and challenge him and Alvarez. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â