Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just got to hang in there and hope she chokes near the finish line. 

Yes fighting but can't see her coming back here. They injury timrout cost her. Still she's had a good tournament.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes fighting but can't see her coming back here. They injury timrout cost her. Still she's had a good tournament.

Standard Emma unfortunately. Lulu ranks 123

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I honestly never thought she looked like winning this match. The other girl has been clinical, but certainly all is not well in terms of Emma's fitness. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I dunno, Emma looks super fit, but just don't seem to have the movement. Whether that's down to strength, injury, mentality I'm not sure?

I know we are far up the rankings, but someone like Sabanleka would destroy her, an lets not talk about Williams. Plenty of time though I guess.

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I honestly never thought she looked like winning this match. The other girl has been clinical, but certainly all is not well in terms of Emma's fitness. 

No quite true. She played nothing like she did in the past two rounds.  Obviously she wasn't 100% right 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I dunno, Emma looks super fit, but just don't seem to have the movement. Whether that's down to strength, injury, mentality I'm not sure?

She had it against better opponents though

Emma was outplayed today.

I'm sure she'll have a million excuses like her wrist hurt, her back hurt, her ankle hurt, her racket had string ache, and whatever the **** else, but well played Lulu. 

Onto the next tournament for Emma where she hopefully won't have the same exact "issues" when the going gets tough.

Just now, PaulC said:

No quite true. She played nothing like she did in the past two rounds.  Obviously she wasn't 100% right 

She never looked comfortable from the first game. And yet people questioned her decision not to play the mixed doubles. Her body language screamed of defeat. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

She never looked comfortable from the first game. And yet people questioned her decision not to play the mixed doubles. Her body language screamed of defeat. 

Yes far more passive 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Two wrist operations and an ankle. At her age too. Same with Draper, it has to be a British thing.

Yes she hasn't been back playing thet long so she has to see Wimbledon as a positive 

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes she hasn't been back playing thet long so she has to see Wimbledon as a positive 

Yeah! Gutted though. Virginia Wade and the wait goes on. If any British female is going to break that duck, my money would be firmly on her. 

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yeah! Gutted though. Virginia Wade and the wait goes on. If any British female is going to break that duck, my money would be firmly on her. 

Yeah Boulter or Dart won't win it that's for certain..she needs to keep fit and show more consistency and climb the rankings 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â