Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So with all the injuries Murray has had, he shouldn't be agreeing to partner anybody. Anything could happen. 

This Wimbledon is Murray's farewell. If he wasn't retiring, it wouldn't be an issue. To be fair, he shouldn't have asked Radacanu in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

She shouldn't have agreed to partner him then noting all the injuries she's had. 

You would have thought that they would have had some sort of prior agreement that if she was still in the tournament by the time the mixed doubles starts that she wouldn't play with Murray, and had a backup already lined up

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So with all the injuries Murray has had, he shouldn't be agreeing to partner anybody. Anything could happen. 

He pulled out of the singles of course, to make sure he could give the doubles a go. Because he prioritised. She wanted to have her cake and eat it.

I'd have have more respect if she'd pulled out saying singles in the priority. Obviously, it is. Murray knows that.

She woke up in the morning, then five hours later decides her wrist hurts and she can't play? Come on Emma you big fib.

If she had spoke to Murray, they probably would have pulled out together! Not a faceless statement from the LTA. He'd have been gutted, but would know it could piss people off, her pulling out. His mother couldn't even resist a petulant swipe, which was silly.

I don't blame her in particular, but she needs to get better at ignoring awful advice from leech agents and her parasite father.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He pulled out of the singles of course, to make sure he could give the doubles a go. Because he prioritised. She wanted to have her cake and eat it.

I'd have have more respect if she'd pulled out saying singles in the priority. Obviously, it is. Murray knows that.

She woke up in the morning, then five hours later decides her wrist hurts and she can't play? Come on Emma you big fib.

If she had spoke to Murray, they probably would have pulled out together! Not a faceless statement from the LTA. He'd have been gutted, but would know it could piss people off, her pulling out. His mother couldn't even resist a petulant swipe, which was silly.

I don't blame her in particular, but she needs to get better at ignoring awful advice from leech agents and her parasite father.

Like i said, Murray has had his day in the limelight. It's mixed doubles, it's way down on a tennis player's priorities. Murray had the send - off he deserved. I don't understand the fuss tbh.

I mean, wrist injuries are quite common in Tennis. To suggest she's lying is unfair conjecture. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

I'm certainly looking forward to her, hopefully, putting in a good performance. I guarantee it will put more of a smile on my face than the England team have managed to do.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like i said, Murray has had his day in the limelight. It's mixed doubles, it's way down on a tennis player's priorities. Murray had the send - off he deserved. I don't understand the fuss tbh.

I mean, wrist injuries are quite common in Tennis. To suggest she's lying is unfair conjecture. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

I'm certainly looking forward to her, hopefully, putting in a good performance. I guarantee it will put more of a smile on my face than the England team have managed to do.

It's not her personally, it's her team. They probably convinced her it wasn't a good idea. I doubt she'll get too far in the singles anyway.

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not a big deal really, no. But on this, Raducanu is in the wrong IMO. She should not have agreed to be in the mixed.

She really should make the semis, very easy section, which she's been ploughing through nicely. Then she's very close to something special. I doubt any player ever has only had two titles, both being slams.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not her personally, it's her team. They probably convinced her it wasn't a good idea. I doubt she'll get too far in the singles anyway.

Again, it's mixed doubles. It's played with a smile. You honestly think Murray wouldn't have pulled out in the same circumstances. He would have understood her decision, she didn't give up the clay court season to win the mixed doubles. 

If she wins today, she's in the quarter finals, that's not bad considering her ranking.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not a big deal really, no. But on this, Raducanu is in the wrong IMO. She should not have agreed to be in the mixed.

She really should make the semis, very easy section, which she's been ploughing through nicely. Then she's very close to something special. I doubt any player ever has only had two titles, both being slams.

She's a long way from winning it and there are no easy games.

Worst decision of her career to sack the coach who won her the slam.

She'll win nothing unless her dad f***s off and she can get a known coach who can have most of the control over her career.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Emma, finding her feet. I think the New Zealand girl will start to feel the pressure should Emma get the next break back.

Yes needs to be more solid on serve. Don't think she had lost her serve once in her previous matches

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â