Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I like how Konta talks about the game.

Yes very good. Looking at the draw Raducanu plays a qualifier in the last 16 and if she wins that she will meet another non seed in the last 8 . 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes very good. Looking at the draw Raducanu plays a qualifier in the last 16 and if she wins that she will meet another non seed in the last 8 . 

It would be very British of her to lose to the opponent who seems the easiest on paper. Although, I really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Poor from Raducanu. 

Singles obviously the priority, but she knew she had an easy draw. SF was always achievable.

Say no to Murray if you back yourself to make it.

Taken away Murray's last Wimbledon match and the chance for three other players to enjoy that with him.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Poor from Raducanu. 

Singles obviously the priority, but she knew she had an easy draw. SF was always achievable.

Taken away Murray's last Wimbledon match and the chance for three other players to enjoy that with him.

I thought this, she was only saying yesterday it's a absolute honour. I'm kinda hoping it's come from advise from her team, an not her 100% decision.

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I thought this, she was only saying yesterday it's a absolute honour. I'm kinda hoping it's come from advise from her team, an not her 100% decision.

Likely. And every single person around her is bad news sadly. Heavily involved father especially.

• Like 1

I'm beyond blaming her team and family.

She's an adult, so the buck stops with her. If people are still making decisions on her behalf then it doesn't make it any better. So, if it was her decision then she's selfish, and if it wasn't her decision then she's spineless.

Good job, Emma. 

• Like 1

It was really poor from Radacanu to pull out of her doubles match denying the best British player for a generation his send off.

I wonder if it will effect her reception from the fans?

5 hours ago, Genie said:

It was really poor from Radacanu to pull out of her doubles match denying the best British player for a generation his send off.

I wonder if it will effect her reception from the fans?

He already had a great send - off. I'm sure, Murray, of all people would have understood the importance of her ambitions over some sentimental farewell. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Poor from Raducanu. 

Well she has made a fantastic comeback and had many injury issues with surgery so I can't judge her harshly myself. Murray had his send off after the men's doubles.

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well she has made a fantastic comeback and had many injury issues with surgery so I can't judge her harshly myself. Murray had his send off after the men's doubles.

Mixed Doubles, it's the tennis equivalent of WWE. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Mixed Doubles, it's the tennis equivalent of WWE. 

I.think she has had wrist surgery too so why should she sacrifice her big chance in the singles for a player whose career is over.  She's the brightest thing in British tennis. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I.think she has had wrist surgery too so why should she sacrifice her big chance in the singles for a player whose career is over.  She's the brightest thing in British tennis. 

Of course. It would be selfish of Murray, with all his achievements, to expect her to prioritise his agenda.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

She shouldn't have agreed to partner him then noting all the injuries she's had. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

She shouldn't have agreed to partner him then noting all the injuries she's had. 

So with all the injuries Murray has had, he shouldn't be agreeing to partner anybody. Anything could happen. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â