Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Yes it was an epic semi-final which I think turned when Djokovic was on serve 4-3 up in the final set and he hit a winner but his momentum carried him forward into the net. Nadal went on to break serve otherwise it would probably have been 5-3 Djokovic.

I wonder how many games Ferrer will get tomorrow. He got 5 in the semi last year.

Really looking forward to Wimbledon. Between Djokovic and Murray for me.

Djoko should have beaten Nadal last week in French and will crush Nadal (like when they last met) on Grass if they meet. 

Murray will benefit from this recent rest and lack of Clay court troubles and be all guns blazing to win this.

Fed is old and on the wane, he has been poor so far this season unlike last year when he was vying for No1 spot coming into Wimbledon. 

Nadal being 5th seed though throws up a potentially easy/hard draw for Djoko/Murray. 

Djokovic backed at 2/1 and Murray backed at 4/1 

Grass is the only surface Federer has a realistic chance on. Lets not forget he got to the semi-final of the Australian and only lost to Murray in 5 sets. Having said that I think its between Murray and Djokovic. Nadal doesn't sound over confident of competing, although he's probably having us on! The only player outside the top 4 or should I say the top 3 + no. 5, I see having a chance is Del Potro, who on his day is unplayable.

Delpo is not the same player since his injuries and can't seem to get an uninterrupted season together. Shame as I was a big fan of his. Don't think he'll ever get right to the top now though. 

Federer has still got huge talent, but he lacks the consistency he could rely on in his prime. So I think we'll see him win in spurts or have one or two great tournaments and possibly nab one more slam if things go right. 

But as a consistent threat every slam, those days are gone. Especially on Clay. I still think he's the no1 indoors. Was only  18 months ago he was crushing Nadal 6 2 6 0 in the O2. 

• 2 weeks later...

And he's been broken in the 3rd! All aboard the roflcopter. These things are finely balanced though. If he can get back in the 3rd it could soul-destroy the other guy and make the 4th & 5th a walkover. This will be either a straight sets loss or a 5 set win.

Can someone who is an expert on tennis explain that please? My knowledge on tennis is minimal. He won the French Open only 2 weeks ago and there was talk of him catching Federer in terms of grand slam wins, one of the greatest of all time blah blah, and then he goes out in the 1st round of Wimbledon. Strange

I'm no expert, but He's always been better on clay, and he's doesn't really trust his knee on the grass surfaces. Saying that though there's no excuse for losing in the first round.

Edited by packoman

Can someone who is an expert on tennis explain that please? My knowledge on tennis is minimal. He won the French Open only 2 weeks ago and there was talk of him catching Federer in terms of grand slam wins, one of the greatest of all time blah blah, and then he goes out in the 1st round of Wimbledon. Strange

Not exactly an expert but:

1) He's the greatest clay court player in the world, possibly ever. Good on grass but not a great.

2) He was visibly carrying a knock today

I'm no expert either, I'd say it's like Barcelona getting beaten by an unknown minnow in the Champion's League. Apparently he had a problem with his knee but that's always his excuse when he loses. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â