Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Going down the rankings will make it more awkward to get to the final stages of the slams, but apart from that it doesn't mean that's his true standing. All the players play so many tournaments in the year to get their points up that it can't be great on their bodies. The players at the top are the most gifted physically, you need a win in the genetic lottery. I'm disappointed with Murrays year, he's won Wimbledon which is obviously great but aside from that it has been a poor season, I thought he might have gone on from last years US win to dominate. Heather Watson has had a major slide down the world rankings too, lost nearly 100 places since the start of the year.

Bit harsh on murray. his season wasnt too bad. the secind half has been ruined through injury. he won in brisbane and reached the aussie final, he also won his 9th masters title and won queens and wimbledon. after that he been crocked

Going down the rankings will make it more awkward to get to the final stages of the slams, but apart from that it doesn't mean that's his true standing. All the players play so many tournaments in the year to get their points up that it can't be great on their bodies. The players at the top are the most gifted physically, you need a win in the genetic lottery. I'm disappointed with Murrays year, he's won Wimbledon which is obviously great but aside from that it has been a poor season, I thought he might have gone on from last years US win to dominate. Heather Watson has had a major slide down the world rankings too, lost nearly 100 places since the start of the year.

Yes Wimbledon was the big highlight. Obviously next year Murray will have ample opportunity to get back into the top 3. You really have to hand it to Djokovic. From the start of the season until the end of the season he has been competing for every tournament. Maybe he only won one major but he also got to two other slam finals and one semi in which  he came so close to beating Nadal on his favourite surface. No other player does that! Not even Nadal who lost early at Wimbledon.

Bit harsh on murray. his season wasnt too bad. the secind half has been ruined through injury. he won in brisbane and reached the aussie final, he also won his 9th masters title and won queens and wimbledon. after that he been crocked

He hasn't had his best year, leading up to and including the US open was lacklustre and getting to the Aussie Open final is par for him. He's got there a few times before. He hasn't had a bad year but it still has been a bit of a let down. Apart from Wimbledon there haven't been any high points at all. He was dreadful after the Aussie too for a few tournaments and had a injury break for the Clay season. This op was for his continuous bout of problems, it's not really an injury.

From what I read he sounded very much like he had sciatica. Probably didn't need the op but it will help him get back to full recovery quicker. Not a major problem though! Obviously it kept him from competing in the French. Winning Wimbledon is his dream come true. Nailed on certainty for Sports personality of the year! I don't know about disappointing season though because if expectations were like he was going to win 2 or 3 slam events after winning the US Open then they were misguided. Nadal wasn't around for much of 2012.

Aside from the Slams his performances for the most part except for 2 or 3 tournaments were poor by his high standards. Last year was a better year from a performance point of view which is why I'd view this year as a let down, hopefully after this op he'll come back as determined as ever to become unquestionably the best in the world.

I guess he'd take winning Wimbledon over winning 4 or atp tour events but its not been as good as 2012 I agree. Is it all about winning majors or is about trying to get to no1. in the world, which he has never done and something Djokovic is going to be very eager to get back as soon as possible. The competition for Murray will be even tougher next year with a fired up Djokovic and if Nadal stays fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway you might find it crazy, I'm highly ranked as a male tennis player, 5.2 on the rankinkings. My Dad is a coach, that doesn't mean shit though, I've spent some of the summer playing ranked players and I had a mint time. just watch the videos I post, some great play

• Like 1

Anyway you might find it crazy, I'm highly ranked as a male tennis player, 5.2 on the rankinkings. My Dad is a coach, that doesn't mean shit though, I've spent some of the summer playing ranked players and I had a mint time. just watch the videos I post, some great play

Thats good keep up the good work. we need some decent tennis players. Are you watching the paris masters. Federer has found a bit of form beating Del Potro, but Djokovic up next for him.

Yes he normally gets off to a flyer against Djokovic. Two good semi's. Ferrer beating Nadal was a real surprise. I expect no such surprise tomorrow though. Its looks like Nadal's season ended after the us open. He looked very tired out there and is in danger of losing teh no.1 spot again now. 

Remarkable run of results since the us open final for Djokovic. i admire him so much because he's the only player that competes in every tournament. His fitness levels are amazing. One day off then Federer tomorrow night in the o2. How can footballers get tired playing 1 or 2 games a week

Edited by PaulC

• 2 months later...

Absolute marathon of a game here. Murray continually losing his advantage.

Murray winning a 20 minute service game to take it to 1-1 in the 4th set.

Murray:      3  4  7

Federer:    6  6  6

Edited by AVFC_Hitz

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â