Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Yes Murray upped his game in this match but Janowicz did rather implode. If Murray serves as well as that he will give Djokovic some problems though. I think it will be a very tight and hard fought final. I did favour Djokovic but with the Wimbledon crowd behind him I don't know now. I don't agree with McEnroe that the after today fatigue may be a problem for him because in Aussie open he played a 4 and half hour semi against Murray and less than 2 days later won a 5 and a half hour match against Nadal.

I don't think fatigue will be a problem for either Murray or Djok, they are both absolute beasts when it comes to endurance.  I think it is 60/40 that Djok will, the guy is a sensational player and his will to win is second to none.  There is still a question mark over how Murray reacts in big finals, he is P5 W1 L4 at the moment in Grand Slams but I think the input of somebody like Lendl has been sought specifically to deal with that problem. Lendl lost his first four slam finals but went on to win eight so if anybody knows what it is like to be in Murray's current position then it is him. 

I really hope Andy Murray wins on Sunday.  I'd be genuinely be delighted for him, really happy to finally see a British player win and over the **** moon at seeing all those people who hate him for no discernible reason other than that he was misquoted by The Sun in 2006 quietly seething. :)

• Like 4

I don't think fatigue will be a problem for either Murray or Djok, they are both absolute beasts when it comes to endurance. I think it is 60/40 that Djok will, the guy is a sensational player and his will to win is second to none. There is still a question mark over how Murray reacts in big finals, he is P5 W1 L4 at the moment in Grand Slams but I think the input of somebody like Lendl has been sought specifically to deal with that problem. Lendl lost his first four slam finals but went on to win eight so if anybody knows what it is like to be in Murray's current position then it is him.

I really hope Andy Murray wins on Sunday. I'd be genuinely be delighted for him, really happy to finally see a British player win and over the **** moon at seeing all those people who hate him for no discernible reason other than that he was misquoted by The Sun in 2006 quietly seething. :)

Was this the 'I'm not british' quote? What was the actual comment from him?

I don't think fatigue will be a problem for either Murray or Djok, they are both absolute beasts when it comes to endurance. I think it is 60/40 that Djok will, the guy is a sensational player and his will to win is second to none. There is still a question mark over how Murray reacts in big finals, he is P5 W1 L4 at the moment in Grand Slams but I think the input of somebody like Lendl has been sought specifically to deal with that problem. Lendl lost his first four slam finals but went on to win eight so if anybody knows what it is like to be in Murray's current position then it is him.

I really hope Andy Murray wins on Sunday. I'd be genuinely be delighted for him, really happy to finally see a British player win and over the **** moon at seeing all those people who hate him for no discernible reason other than that he was misquoted by The Sun in 2006 quietly seething. :)

Was this the 'I'm not british' quote? What was the actual comment from him?

It was the "anyone but England" quote when asked who he was supporting in the 2006 World Cup. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/5567314/Wimbledon-2009-Andy-Murray-sets-record-straight-on-anti-England-reputation.html

I really hope Andy Murray wins on Sunday.  I'd be genuinely be delighted for him, really happy to finally see a British player win and over the **** moon at seeing all those people who hate him for no discernible reason other than that he was misquoted by The Sun in 2006 quietly seething. :)

Liking this didn't seem enough. Spanking, Rev!

I was under the impression that people didn't like him because he pulled those stupid **** faces and seemed to feign injury a bit. Do people really hold it against a Jock for supporting England's opponents? I happily support everyone I don't like's opponents in everything and expect no less from anyone else.

Either way it's hard to be a fan of tennis and not appreciate Murray's talent.

The "anyone but England" quote was sarcasm, it just wasn't reported as such in the press. The bloke doesn't seem to like the media spotlight much and I can't really blame him for that! His sulkiness got easier to tolerate when he started delivering in the big matches too imo.

This guy is way out of his depth..

All he has is a very quick serve, he struggles with everything else.

Yeah and the problem is, Murray is one of the returners in the game 

The returners?

Murray and Djokovic are the two fittest players in the game, they can both play ages whilst other players flag it. I'll say Djokovic in 4. I'd love to see Murray win it though.

I'm preferring the women's game this year. Obvious reasons aside, there have been some truly fantastic matches and Lisicki has been a pleasure to watch.

Fantastic Wimbledon this year though. Best in my memory. The fans there must be loving it as well; us Brits love an underdog and that's what this year has been all about.

Murray and Djokovic are the two fittest players in the game, they can both play ages whilst other players flag it. I'll say Djokovic in 4. I'd love to see Murray win it though.

I would've agreed with you until today but now I think Murray will edge it. Home advantage will make all the difference I think.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â