Relegation thread

Knutserov13

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

This is it. We all want what's best for villa, just we have different ideas of how to get there.

If we survive, it's not that I was right or you were wrong, it's that we can all be happy.

Similarly, if we go down, id hope the same attitude would be taken. Obviously without the happiness.

I agree we all want the same. I was just on about the people that want Smith out not coming on here and saying that he’s got it right over the last few games. If we somehow go down, they’ll be back on here saying Smith isn’t good enough for this level, even though he’s clearly done enough to start next season with us.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m sure someone from around the Birmingham area’s got some photos of Brady knocking around that she wouldn’t like people seeing. 

I have, but we won’t get enough for them, it could be anyone’s arse.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

They never got ahead.

You are right. I should have said Brentford had it in their hands for the first time. Then the pressure got to them. 

26 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I keep coming back to the Ings penalty miss and the Davis missed chance. A +2 GD vs Bournemouth would've been perfect. 

And the El Ghazi miss. We should have beat Everton. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I was delighted for him the other night.....and judging by his expressions, he had his mojo back.

Losing games, drags us all down, inc the CEO....it creates doubt, indecision and when a solution can't be found....change is the first thing we cling to.....its partly natural.

He has to win more games to convince the doubters like me......We all want him to succeed.....I sincerely hope he does.

We had more players the other night committed to their game, sure there was some technical lapses, but the spirit, workrate and determination was on show....they played more like a team and less as individuals, it showed.

Arsenal had 4 yellow cards and were niggling all night, we stood up to the physical challenges, which wasn't always the case all season.....that for me was encouraging....because it is not what we have always done.....They were on us as soon as we had the ball, we have wilted in the past, but we was resolute on the night, it gave me heart.

Mings, Konsa had good games and Jack coming back to form and Conor with his wand, made life diffcult for them......Dean looked like he had a bit of confidence back.....bully for him.

Can’t say it better than this. It was bang on the other night. More please.

• Thanks 1

Looking at Arsenal's results, despite having a reputation for losing to the division's weaker sides, apart from ourselves and Brighton the only other teams to have beaten them this season have been Spurs, Man City twice, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield United, and Liverpool. They have drawn quite a few games, including against Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich, but the weaker sides don't tend to beat them.

Edited by useless
And the draws against Norwich and Watford happened before Arteta was appointed as manager.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

You are right. I should have said Brentford had it in their hands for the first time. Then the pressure got to them.

It would have been more similar if we’d have bottled the Arsenal game and the opportunity to climb out of the bottom 3. TBF to Smith his attitude has appeared to be go to win the next 2. Full stop. So the mentality seems right. Many were suggesting to play for a draw and even taking a defeat by a 1 goal margin. Of course all for nought if we fail on Sunday, but past evidence suggests that the smith at Villa finds a way to achieve what’s needed when it’s needed. It seems we need that ‘pressure’ to function. That needs to be addressed next season whatever division we’re in next season.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I keep coming back to the Ings penalty miss and the Davis missed chance. A +2 GD vs Bournemouth would've been perfect. 

Lets not be greedy. Watford getting battered by Man City and us actually beating a half decent team was a miracle.  Now we need to take advantage of this fortune.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Lets not be greedy. Watford getting battered by Man City and us actually beating a half decent team was a miracle.  Now we need to take advantage of this fortune.

exactly. to be in this position is a miracle. i'm expecting further twists and turns. but i'm hoping it's one of those days that sky build up all day, have all the logistics ready about darting around the grounds, showing the various goals and league table changes, when actually arsenal take an early 2 goal lead, afcb go 1 down early on and are never in the game, and west ham just go through the motions and never threaten, allowing us to walk our way to prem safety

• Like 3

On 21/07/2020 at 22:54, villa4europe said:

No

It seriously wasnt that bad

Like I said that's borderline as to whether or not you'd call it a sitter, personally I'm leaning towards no, it's a great chance and he should score but this "easier to miss" stuff is nonsense 

100%. Just because he's missed a few people have built this up into something akin to Ronnie Rosenthal.

It was fairly far out and quite wide. The defender was pressurising him and the keeper was in front of him. 

It was scoreable though and he should have hit the target.  

He did however make a great run and showed power and pace to shrug off the defender.  A lot of strikers wouldn't even have got the chance to miss. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Every time I think about Sunday I think we should do just about enough to stay up but then I get the jitters and my stomach starts churning. I wish it was on Saturday to get it out of the way!

It has ruined my Sunday roast.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

100%. Just because he's missed a few people have built this up into something akin to Ronnie Rosenthal.

It was fairly far out and quite wide. The defender was pressurising him and the keeper was in front of him. 

It was scoreable though and he should have hit the target.  

He did however make a great run and showed power and pace to shrug off the defender.  A lot of strikers wouldn't even have got the chance to miss. 

Sorry that’s just BS.  Yes it wasn’t Ronnie Rosenthal but it was a very bad miss.  You can dress it up as much as you want but we all saw it, it was a very bad miss and could’ve really cost us, luckily it didn’t cost us.

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I agree we all want the same. I was just on about the people that want Smith out not coming on here and saying that he’s got it right over the last few games. If we somehow go down, they’ll be back on here saying Smith isn’t good enough for this level, even though he’s clearly done enough to start next season with us.

This!!!

I’ve defended Smith and I’ve still come on here when we were poor.  I think, whatever happens on Sunday, he deserves next season with us.

• Like 1