Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Interesting looking at last time DS was involved in relegation battle last day. Walsall in 2011 were a point clear od Dagenham. Walsall lost 3-1 at Southampton but stayed up as Dagenham lost 5-0 to Peterborough.

It wouldn't shock me if we stayed up because the other two lost or Watford lost and Bournemouth drew. Might take a while for that to play out though.

Its going to be a toss of a coin as to who stays up.

But we somehow find ourselves in the best position going into the last day.

After those 2 pens Watford scored to beat Newcastle and us being 7 points adrift with a much worse GD, with only 4 games left; we cant have wished for any more. Im allowing myself to believe now when before it was just merely hoping for a miracle.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its going to be a toss of a coin as to who stays up.

But we somehow find ourselves in the best position going into the last day.

After those 2 pens Watford scored to beat Newcastle and us being 7 points adrift with a much worse GD, with only 4 games left; we cant have wished for any more. Im allowing myself to believe now when before it was just merely hoping for a miracle.

7 points from 9 in the last 3 games was basically a dream before the Palace game.

Just imagine if El Ghazi didn't mess up that gift in the Everton game!

• Like 1

I believe we are going to need a point. Arsenal will beat Watford, but have a feeling Bournemouth will roll Everton. I don’t see West Ham relaxing, there manager will want the 3 points.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I believe we are going to need a point. Arsenal will beat Watford, but have a feeling Bournemouth will roll Everton. I don’t see West Ham relaxing, there manager will want the 3 points.

I can imagine Moyes being very interested in the points.

BEC901B9-684E-4482-AABC-02B07A075209.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Imagine this for a scenario though.

We're 0-0 and cruising. Bournemouth can't do anything but are 1-1 at Everton. On 70th minute mark Watford go 2-1 up at Arsenal so suddenly we go into mass panic and have 8 upfield in search of a goal and West Ham pick us off on the break to go 1-0 up. Arsenal however bring Auvameyang on and he scores twice in five minutes and Arsenal win 3-2 in the end. The damage is done and we lose 1-0. Bournemouth score in the 93rd minute to win 2-1 and send us down.

Maybe I'm overthinking things but there's an example of over-commiting due to one score elsewhere coming and then suddenly a draw being enough again but we don't get it due to trying to go for a winner. We've seen that before on final days.

Sunday certainly needs some cool heads on the pitch and touchline and good game management.

I think Bournemouth need to win by 2 goals? 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Relegation odds

Bournemouth 1/25

Watford 1/4

Villa 2/1

I put a fiver on Bournemouth to stay up at 10-1 as if we bottle it I think they'll beat Everton and I just can't see Watford doing anything, praying I lose a fiver on Sunday! 

• Like 2

West Ham winning doesn't move them anyway they have literally nothing to play for , after weeks of pressure to stay up I can't see them maintaining the same levels they have been at. Their best result from the restart was the Chelsea win. Norwich was a walk over and Watford didn't show up in the first half. They did well enough last night sitting back and hitting United on the Counter and Antonio is in great form.

We need to go for the win , against Arsenal even 1 up we pressed high up the pitch and tried to score another .We need to get on the front foot early , we don't want to start slowly hear Watford are winning and chase the game.

33 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think Bournemouth need to win by 2 goals? 

No, if Bournemouth win and we lose they will go ahead of us on goal difference no matter what the score is.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Are we all agreed that it was a good thing that West Ham got a point last night? I think it is, even subconsciously their players will feel like they’ve done enough and can relax a little

Don’t think it matters, Moyes will want to win and they are playing for him.

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Don’t think it matters, Moyes will want to win and they are playing for him.

I think I agree... but surely they must, even subconsciously think since it’s all over they can take their foot off the gas a little? Maybe not. 
I think it will be a tough game, and tough for us fans too

• Like 1