Relegation thread

Knutserov13

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

You really think that?

We must be slight favourites to stay up. Its tight but i'd rather be in our position rather than B'muff and Watford. 

I'm not counting chickens though. I'll be a quivering wreck on game day! 

You can get 9/4 on us to go down. Bournemouth and Watford are odds on.

edit: might put some money on it. Will soften the blow a little.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, supermon said:

I just can't see us beating West Ham im afraid, they'll be too physical for us, I can see a draw but fear that results won't go our way on the final day.. Still think we'll get relegated

If we get a draw then Bournemouth are down and Watford have to win. Thats a big ask for what looks like a very disjointed Watford team. Plus Arsenal will want to go into the cup final off the back of a victory. 

I'm attempting to remain positive as you can see! 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

You really think that?

We must be slight favourites to stay up. Its tight but i'd rather be in our position rather than B'muff and Watford. 

The bookies have us 9/4, Watford 1/3 and Bournemouth 1/25 to get relegated.

offically we are massive favourites to stay up.  Those blood sucking leeches never are far away when taking and giving money out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, supermon said:

I just can't see us beating West Ham im afraid, they'll be too physical for us, I can see a draw but fear that results won't go our way on the final day.. Still think we'll get relegated

Have you watched West Ham? They're anything but physical. Watch em today against United. They just have quality players who produce the goods when they needed it most.

Arteta will want a reaction from his players after their abysmal display, especially attacking wise, and he won't want to go into a cup final on the back of losing 2 games to relegation fodder, would be terrible for morale, thankfully it's at the Emirates, and Arsenal have been pretty formidable there, Watford have only scored 12 goals away all season, can't see them suddenly doing Arsenal 3-0

Edited by AVFCforever1991

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

You really think that?

To me it is. I won't let myself believe until it's 100% sure. Only then I will let go.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Have you watched West Ham? They're anything but physical. Watch em today against United. They just have quality players who produce the goods when they needed it most.

Well that makes me feel better.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

The last twenty pages are setting us all up for a huge disappointment. To me, we're still favorites to go down. 

based on what

Bookmaker Odds To Go Down

Bournemouth 1/40

Watford 3/10

Aston Villa 9/4

If your so confident you have a fortune to make ;) 

46 minutes ago, supermon said:

Could you see us beating Arsenal?

I don’t think Arsenal were that off the pace. We just stayed solid and hit well on the break. They should beat Watford.

Hoping West Ham get a draw today.  

In fact Watford were very lucky to even beat Norwich. I didn’t see them against Newcastle but generally whenever I’ve watched them after the restart they have looked very poor.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has every goal we have scored since the restart been from a set piece? 

We have so many it makes such a difference when Hourihane on the pitch. Wand of a left foot.

Trezeguet 2nd vs Palace but Hourihane assisted too 😂

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But it was still off the back of a set piece wasn’t it?  They stepped up and got it wrong.

No it was from open play. McGinn burst down the wing and crossed it and Hourihane won 2nd ball

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 1

My gut feeling is that it is going to go down right to the wire and probably between us and Bournemouth.

I don't think Watford will beat Arsenal but I do fancy Bournemouth to beat Everton. Then there is our game, will West Ham be a bit flat with nothing to play for or will the pressure be off and nothing to lose. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and we are 3-0 up after 20mins and there isn't any late drama. 

• Sad 1