Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My lad will be at home til the 11th then, good job he’s self motivated in revising for his A Levels because his teachers have not exactly embraced remote learning technology. 

The secondary school English teacher next door will be most pleased that she’s got an extra week or so off. She’s already complained that two weeks holiday wasn’t enough, despite her spending the summer ‘WFH’, sunbathing in the garden :suspect:

Just now, It's Your Round said:

My lad will be at home til the 11th then, good job he’s self motivated in revising for his A Levels because his teachers have not exactly embraced remote learning technology. 

The secondary school English teacher next door will be most pleased that she’s got an extra week or so off. She’s already complained that two weeks holiday wasn’t enough, despite her spending the summer ‘WFH’, sunbathing in the garden :suspect:

She tidy?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

More home tutoring for me sadly 

We did loads in the spring/summer but always felt a bit guilty we weren’t doing more. When they returned in September it was clear a lot of parents did absolutely nothing with their kids.

The school did a whole series of tests when they returned and my lad was saying some of the kids were getting 3’s and 4’s out of 30 and said they did no school work at all during the lockdown. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We did loads in the spring/summer but always felt a bit guilty we weren’t doing more. When they returned in September it was clear a lot of parents did absolutely nothing with their kids.

It’s not for the want of trying, my 13 year old just would not play ball and caused so many arguments it was horrible 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Picture a 60 year old English teacher with long grey hair and saggy tits, then imagine her more ugly sister and you won’t be far off. I’ll let you decide if you WB. 

Oh 🤣

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don't understand how they get away with it. My other half is a primary school teacher/management team and didn't stop setting work online/phoning kids/phoning parents/having zoom meetings.

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This reads like it belongs in the daily mail comments section. 

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

I don't understand how they get away with it. My other half is a primary school teacher/management team and didn't stop setting work online/phoning kids/phoning parents/having zoom meetings.

I don’t understand it either. The neighbour teacher said her school hasn’t even suggested using Zoom/Teams. She’s just emailed work and marked whatever came back, which was only a small percentage. 
I was training people through Teams within a week of being sent home. How come I can do it but they can’t or won’t. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Boris now saying schools are safe, the danger comes from households mixing. Of course, we all know that kids from  different households don’t mix in schools. 

There must be an element of accuracy in this as schools have been shut for 2 weeks now and the numbers have just started going through the roof. My children’s primary school didn’t shut at all from September to Christmas.

I’m surprised so little is understood about where the majority of transmissions are happening. 

Â