Generic Virus Thread

villakram

One for @villakram, BBC have just interviewed a young doctor in a London Hospital.  In addition to the fact they are being overwhelmed he specifically said what was surprising him was the number of young people with no previous Medical conditions.

Still as long as Facebook and Twitter tell us it's only the old who get ill I can only assume he's making it up. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The senior guy from Oxford University just said they've given vaccine to 40,000 volunteers since April (8 months) and had no serious side effects. 

This is a massively important message which needs to be got out. 

Also said in addition to the normal regulatory procedures they have had significant external scrutiny from various other sources. 

He also reaffirmed that the first jab gives enough protection to stop the disease getting serious. 

Amazing ❤️

• Like 2

Turns out the Swedish prime minister was out shopping on Dec 23rd too at busy street in central Stockholm, no mask of course. :D  He needed a spare part for his electric shaver...

And Dan Eliasson who is director-general the MSB or The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency went to the Canary Islands to spend Christmas there even thou the government has strongly advised against any air travel that isn't absolutely essential. Guess he really needed that tax-free Kahlua. 

Dan Eliasson is a walking disaster who has already done piss poor jobs running the Swedish Immigration Office, the Swedish Social Insurance Agency, as National Chief of Police and now the MSB - Civil Contingencies Agency. He's ruling party royalty (or he's sitting on dirt) so he always gets a new top position. Next I imagine he will go to the elephant graveyard that is ambassador someplace outside Europe, it's where incompetent Swedish politicians are sent to get out of the limelight.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The senior guy from Oxford University just said they've given vaccine to 40,000 volunteers since April (8 months) and had no serious side effects. 

This is a massively important message which needs to be got out. 

Also said in addition to the normal regulatory procedures they have had significant external scrutiny from various other sources. 

He also reaffirmed that the first jab gives enough protection to stop the disease getting serious. 

Where can I find this?

I've had the offer to get the vaccine soon, as my fiancee's mum works in a hospital and can get me added to the list.

For now, I'd rather others get it but it's reassuring that I know we can get it whenever we need it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've had the offer to get the vaccine soon, as my fiancee's mum works in a hospital and can get me added to the list.

For now, I'd rather others get it but it's reassuring that I know we can get it whenever we need it.

Which flavour of the vaccine are the rolling out in Poland?

24 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Summer normality(ish) back on?! Please let it be so

Fingers crossed! I've got a delayed 40th birthday celebration booked for Turkey in June!  My mates and I all turned 40 this year - our amazing trip to Malta we had planned got cancelled :(

Boris is on at 5PM.  Expect announcements on the Tiers, news on school attendance and much jubilation at the Oxford vaccine approval. 

Birmingham heading into Tier 4? I guess we'll find out at 3PM or thereabouts. 

4 hours ago, sne said:

Turns out the Swedish prime minister was out shopping on Dec 23rd too at busy street in central Stockholm, no mask of course. :D  He needed a spare part for his electric shaver...

And Dan Eliasson who is director-general the MSB or The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency went to the Canary Islands to spend Christmas there even thou the government has strongly advised against any air travel that isn't absolutely essential. Guess he really needed that tax-free Kahlua. 

Dan Eliasson is a walking disaster who has already done piss poor jobs running the Swedish Immigration Office, the Swedish Social Insurance Agency, as National Chief of Police and now the MSB - Civil Contingencies Agency. He's ruling party royalty (or he's sitting on dirt) so he always gets a new top position. Next I imagine he will go to the elephant graveyard that is ambassador someplace outside Europe, it's where incompetent Swedish politicians are sent to get out of the limelight.

And it just keeps going. Magdalena Andersson, Swedish minister of finances was in Sälen, a popular Swedish skiing resort over Christmas. Something they have strongly advocated against. No mask of course.

Fwiw there has been a massive outbreak among staff at the resorts in Sälen during Christmas.

Finansministern besökte en skiduthyrning i Sälen 20 december.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â