Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Genie said:

All because they couldn’t say they’d made a mistake with the previous 5 day restriction holiday. rocket polishers.

If they hadn't **** up every single thing since it first appeared, they probably could have. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lots more people who get it don't get particularly ill than those who do get seriously ill/die. 

Most peoples experience will be a mate or two who got it and weren't particularly ill. 

My point was in response to not enough people will have encountered somebody being seriously ill means they don't understand the danger of the disease. 

If a lot of people know someone who wasn't particularly bad it may actually reinforce an opinion that it's no big deal

I still don’t understand your thinking.
Not enough people having family or friends who haven’t been seriously ill (or died) is surely an extremely good thing and the absolute desired outcome from someone being infected.
Why would you want more people to have gravely suffered just so other people have the opinion it’s a big deal? 

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

Cynic that I can be, I don't think they "panicked" over it - I think they used it as a "reason/excuse" to reverse the Xmas 5 day opening up" that they were going to do...but it's backfired now with travel bans to abroadia and all that. They're **** weapons.

My first thoughts exactly too.

And yes, they are that dumb and incompetent to do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I still don’t understand your thinking.
Not enough people having family or friends who haven’t been seriously ill (or died) is surely an extremely good thing and the absolute desired outcome from someone being infected.
Why would you want more people to have gravely suffered just so other people have the opinion it’s a big deal? 

He isn't. He's saying that an unfortunate side effect of lots of people knowing someone who didn't suffer from it, is going to be those people taking it comparatively less seriously. 

He's not saying he wants more people seriously ill or dead. Obviously. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hoped Johnson replaced May at the time because I thought it would be easier to beat the bumbling idiot in an election.

What I'd give to have May in charge now. She may be a bigoted incompetent Tory but at least she had some shame and a modicum of organisation.

• Like 1

The worst part is he thinks he's a bit like Churchill.

We shall blunder in to an ambush on the beaches. We will find reasons not to construct landing grounds. We shall get lost in the fields, and in the streets. We shall...Alas, we lost. 

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Interesting interview on Sky news. Scientist from Oxford has said that the data isn't clear that this new strain spreads easier. You can't rule out that people in the SE just weren't following guidelines..

I'd be very disappointed if Whitty has agreed to mislead the nation in order to spare the blushes of the cabinet. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Interesting interview on Sky news. Scientist from Oxford has said that the data isn't clear that this new strain spreads easier. You can't rule out that people in the SE just weren't following guidelines..

That’s tomorrow’s presser.

Like when you send an email, then have to sheepishly call them to say “ignore the email I made a mistake”.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd be very disappointed if Whitty has agreed to mislead the nation in order to spare the blushes of the cabinet. 

He did it earlier this year when he refused to condemn what Cummings did. 

I have little respect for the man. 

• Like 1

Â