Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I've been thinking about people's worries about the vaccines, especially long term worries. 

Firstly, from what I've seen from the experts nearly all past vaccines which have had people react to have been in the first 2 months. You rarely get reactions after that. 

It's going to be probably March before they get through the at risk people and start hitting the more general population. 

The human trials for Oxford and Moderna (and others similar I would presume) actually started in March/April, so they ALREADY have 8 month's of long term tracking and will have a whole year by the time they get to the general population. 

I mean a whole year, surely that is enough reassurance for most people? 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I can see why people want to get a test. However, without symptoms isn't there the possibility of a false negative? 

I don't know to be honest. 

But I wasn't saying go without symptoms. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone know of anyone thats had the vaccine?

My grans having it today. Im abit nervous about it

My niece had it last week. Apart from the new moustache, she’s doing fine. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Was Boris always due to speak today? 

I don’t think so, was announced earlier on.

He’s probably going to tell us about all the phone calls and meetings he’s had today and achieved nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The NHS is absolutely on its knees again. This doesn't seem to be reported as heavily as it was back in April.

I guess they had their clap for a couple of months. Best just be happy with that. 

Bad for morale after putting up with it for 9 months 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, their panic over this new strain has backfired. 

Let's see who he blames. 

It’s like nobody in government can see past the end of the their noses. 
They couldn’t foresee the impact of a message of panic and crisis.

No, their panic over this new strain has backfired. 

Let's see who he blames. 

Cynic that I can be, I don't think they "panicked" over it - I think they used it as a "reason/excuse" to reverse the Xmas 5 day opening up" that they were going to do...but it's backfired now with travel bans to abroadia and all that. They're **** weapons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Cynic that I can be, I don't think they "panicked" over it - I think they used it as a "reason/excuse" to reverse the Xmas 5 day opening up" that they were going to do...but it's backfired now with travel bans to abroadia and all that. They're **** weapons.

Absolutely. I said the same a few pages back. My sarcasm doesn't come across in text. 

• Like 1

Why on earth would anyone want to go abroad, anyway? Abroad is bloody. All that filthy foreign food. All garlic and frogs' legs. Can't even get a decent cup of tea and a toasted teacake. And they don't seem to understand what you say to them, even when you speak VERY SLOWLY AND VERY LOUDLY. Rude, the lot of them. No, it's Herne Bay for me, just like every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Why on earth would anyone want to go abroad, anyway? Abroad is bloody. All that filthy foreign food. All garlic and frogs' legs. Can't even get a decent cup of tea and a toasted teacake. And they don't seem to understand what you say to them, even when you speak VERY SLOWLY AND VERY LOUDLY. Rude, the lot of them. No, it's Herne Bay for me, just like every year.

You should check out Benidorm, it’s like paradise.

They seem to be really crawling back how worrying this new strain is. 

**** idiots. 

All because they couldn’t say they’d made a mistake with the previous 5 day restriction holiday. rocket polishers.

• Like 4

Â