Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Her community nurse team's been nobbled by another outbreak.

Like April again.

Best wishes and best of luck to you and yours mate.

My missus (admin) had to do a shift on reception last week and again this Wednesday and currently organising shifts for early Jan.

The health visitors and community nurses are being told their work is suspended and they are being drafted in to hospitals again. A couple of them gone home crying and weighing up if they want to do I it again, or pack it in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They don't ask. And if they did just say you can't taste anything

(I'm not condoning frivolous testing but if people genuinely feel ill then I don't think you should worry if you're unsure you quite meet certain criteria)

I can see why people want to get a test. However, without symptoms isn't there the possibility of a false negative? 

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Best wishes and best of luck to you and yours mate.

My missus (admin) had to do a shift on reception last week and again this Wednesday and currently organising shifts for early Jan.

The health visitors and community nurses are being told their work is suspended and they are being drafted in to hospitals again. A couple of them gone home crying and weighing up if they want to do I it again, or pack it in.

The NHS is absolutely on its knees again. This doesn't seem to be reported as heavily as it was back in April.

I guess they had their clap for a couple of months. Best just be happy with that. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The NHS is absolutely on its knees again. This doesn't seem to be reported as heavily as it was back in April.

That's the point I was making in my post a couple of pages back - it's not getting sufficient media coverage. 

Anyway, back from my test. Bad news is, it's probably going to take five days to get a result, which takes us past Christmas Day. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's the point I was making in my post a couple of pages back - it's not getting sufficient media coverage. 

Anyway, back from my test. Bad news is, it's probably going to take five days to get a result, which takes us past Christmas Day. 

All the best to you and your family, Mike.  If it's any consolation, my Dad was told it could take five days but had the result back within two.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wow, that’s a shame.

Ot must be under a lot more stress now than 2 weeks ago.

My wife did. one at Birmingham airport at 19:45 and got the result noon the next day.

I put a postal test in the box on Friday evening and got the result Monday morning 6am.

Doing our best to spread the lurgy

As we have already reported, dozens of passengers flying from the UK found themselves stuck at German airports overnight, after Germany imposed new coronavirus travel restrictions.

German NTV news says 77 people had to stay overnight at Berlin Brandenburg (BER) airport and 50 at Munich airport.

Seven passengers also tested positive on arrival at Hamburg airport, police said. All those arriving from the UK have had to go into quarantine.

At Hanover airport, one passenger out of 62 who arrived from the UK on Sunday tested positive, and is now in isolation in a hotel, as are several flight attendants.

Link

The missus has a hairdesser appointment on Wednesday. She's been looking forward to this for months. But because I'm awaiting the results of a covid test, she's probably going to have to cancel. And theoretically, we can't do our food shop as planned tomorrow (I was going to let her do it, as I don't fancy panicking fellow shoppers by having a coughing fit). Wish I hadn't bothered, now. 

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The missus has a hairdesser appointment on Wednesday. She's been looking forward to this for months. But because I'm awaiting the results of a covid test, she's probably going to have to cancel. And theoretically, we can't do our food shop as planned tomorrow (I was going to let her do it, as I don't fancy panicking fellow shoppers by having a coughing fit). Wish I hadn't bothered, now. 

I'm pretty sure you'll get the testicle back earlier than that. They normally go on the same day's batches and get informed instantly. 

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm pretty sure you'll get the testicle back earlier than that. They normally go on the same day's batches and get informed instantly. 

On my way in they said five days. On my way out they said two to three. 

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Sounds like they ballsed that up quite badly. 

• Haha 2

Â