Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Rules relaxed for xmas day only 4 days before the 5 day free for all starts.

That seems to fit with change it at the last minute knowing that people who have already made arrangements on the previous basis will likely ignore the new restrictions.

Since March, I've done the following outside of the house

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my brother and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my sister and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and presents for my girlfriend and chatted for a few minutes stood outside her house.

Gone to a pharmacy a short walk away once a month.

Gone to a corner shop once a week.

Other than that, I've been alone, at home, working. I'm due to go to my sister's for Christmas. That'll be the first time I spend and length of time in a building that isn't my house in 9 months. Thank **** I don't live in the southeast. I'm pretty resilient and comfortable in my own company, but I think I might go nuts if I had to sit here on Christmas Day on my own.

Edit - just remembered I went to the post office once as well.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Rules relaxed for xmas day only 4 days before the 5 day free for all starts.

I thought they'd tightened the rules for Christmas day and got rid of the five day free for all?

(I realise this is a Boris briefing so both things might be true.)

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought they'd tightened the rules for Christmas day and got rid of the five day free for all?

Yes, that’s my intention. 5 day out the window.

tier 4 -> no mixing

everywhere else -> 3 households can mix on Christmas Day only

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The mother in law is crying her eyes out, we were supposed to visit on Boxing day. Looks like we’ll adapt, spend a couple of hours with them on Christmas Day and have Christmas dinner on Boxing day. 

My step daughter lives in London. She booked a train ticket for Dec 23 and was going home on 27th, like the guidelines dictated.

Now that's all down the shitter.

She and the wife are in bits.

• Sad 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

My step daughter lives in London. She booked a train ticket for Dec 23 and was going home on 27th, like the guidelines dictated.

Now that's all down the shitter.

She and the wife are in bits.

It's not quite the same, but I reckon just delaying Christmas by a month is the best idea. Pick a weekend towards the end of Jan, see each other then, swap gifts and have a big dinner. You'll have to skip the Queen's speech though ;) 

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's not quite the same, but I reckon just delaying Christmas by a month is the best idea. Pick a weekend towards the end of Jan, see each other then, swap gifts and have a big dinner. You'll have to skip the Queen's speech though ;) 

Things probably won't be any different in a month. They'll probably have "invented" a tier 5 by then.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes, that's what seems to be the case, i.e. four days before the free for all was due to begin, ,they've binned it and said that it'll apply just for xmas day (which will screw up plans already made, money already spent - by people that can't afford it because it's xmas and they said that we could).

It's not as though this could have been foretold a week or two ago that they'd leave it late.

• Like 3

I know Boris is a fool and needs to be held to account, but I can’t help but think these questions about “why didn’t you do it sooner” or “last week you said this, now you say something different” etc are much help at this moment. They should be using the stage to ask about the arrangements and what is / isn’t allowed.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know Boris is a fool and needs to be held to account, but I can’t help but think these questions about “why didn’t you do it sooner” etc are much help at this moment. They should be using the stage to ask about the arrangements and what is / isn’t allowed.

He won't know what is or isn't allowed. There is absolutely sod all point in asking him that question as he'd give an answer on which people would rely only to find out later that it was a load of old tosh.

• Like 2

Â