Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 hours ago, choffer said:

There’s a lot of it about, unfortunately. 

Yeh was trying to discuss with somebody I know over whatsapp yesterday. Apparently there is no virus. Increase in hospitals admission is due to 5g or pollution (something she is going to research further). Doctors and Nurses are making the situation worse.  

Also if I did my research I would learn the truth. 

A (used to be) good colleague of mine is doing the tin foil hat thing on pretty much every article about covid on facebook. It's gotten so far that I think all his friends have muted him. He also started doing the same on Black Lives Matters related content so he's pretty much come out as a conspiracy-loving, racist tin foil hat weirdo to everyone in his circle, including family. I don't get it..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

A (used to be) good colleague of mine is doing the tin foil hat thing on pretty much every article about covid on facebook. It's gotten so far that I think all his friends have muted him. He also started doing the same on Black Lives Matters related content so he's pretty much come out as a conspiracy-loving, racist tin foil hat weirdo to everyone in his circle, including family. I don't get it..

It’s a lot more comforting to believe there is some sort of planning in all this. The reality, that we live in unknown chaos and no one knows how it will turn out, can be difficult to stomach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I think everyone has a few of those.  I mentioned it a few weeks ago, I basically walked out of a restaurant when my mate was talking utter horseshite (I'd finished my pudding so it didn't quite have the impact it could have), the final straw was when he moved on to the 'there's a cure for cancer, it's just they make too much money from the disease to release it'.  **** idiots, all of them.

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Question,  should Russia (got there own + Novichock debacle) & China (started Covid) get the vaccine ?

If they had a vaccine how would they treat the West with it also if it was all reversed ?

I suggested on here a while ago that China could/should pay top dollar if they wanted a UK developed vaccine. On the basis that they caused the virus and subsequent crash of the worldwide economy and they have enormous cash reserves to fund it. I think I was in the minority with that view.

I don’t think they’d us any favours if the roles were reversed. It would be interesting to know if any PPE or other items we need as a result that comes from China is sold at a favourable rate. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Question,  should Russia (got there own + Novichock debacle) & China (started Covid) get the vaccine ?

If they want to buy it, then yes? 

Why would it be anything more than that?

We’re probably not on any rush to buy their vaccine

The Brazilian clinical trial for a Chinese Covid-19 vaccine has been suspended after health authorities reported a "severe adverse" incident.

Brazilian health regulator Anvisa said the incident took place on 29 October, but did not give further details.

The CoronaVac vaccine, developed by the Chinese firm Sinovac Biotech, is one of several in final-stage testing globally.

Sinovac says it is "confident in the safety of the vaccine".

The firm has already been using it to immunise thousands of people at home in an emergency use programme. 

Brazil has been one of the countries worst affected by coronavirus, recording more than 5.6m confirmed cases - the third highest tally in the world after the US and India - and nearly 163,000 deaths so far, according to data collated by Johns Hopkins University.

Why was the trial halted?

On Monday Anvisa said it had "ruled to interrupt the clinical trial of the CoronaVac vaccine after a serious adverse incident". 

It did not reveal what happened, nor where it took place. Late-stage trials for the Sinovac vaccine are also being conducted in Indonesia and Turkey, but neither of these countries have announced a suspension. 

Link

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

If they want to buy it, then yes? 

Why would it be anything more than that?

It's just hypothetical,  but if either of them had it I doubt they would sell it to the west in a fair way. 

They both want Global dominance and will even kill their own people to try and get it.

I don't,  Russia can literally do what it likes to who or what it likes without repercussions. 

I suppose it doesn't matter so much with them as they have their own vaccine. 

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

What should he be apologising for exactly?

Well, he could apologise for Isolating Wuhan province within China, but leaving International travel from and to Wuhan open - such that the virus couldn't spread inside China (outside of Wuhan) but could and would spread internationally.

That would be a start.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well, he could apologise for Isolating Wuhan province within China, but leaving International travel from and to Wuhan open - such that the virus couldn't spread inside China (outside of Wuhan) but could and would spread internationally.

That would be a start.

I think all governments that allowed flights into and out of Wuhan are equally culpable there. UK Govt included (I know, I know). In fact we did the Mercy quarantine flight / publicity stunt flight but were still allowing flights in from infected parts of China (and Europe for that matter). That's definitely a governments at both ends thing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think all governments that allowed flights into and out of Wuhan are equally culpable there. UK Govt included (I know, I know). In fact we did the Mercy quarantine flight / publicity stunt flight but were still allowing flights in from infected parts of China (and Europe for that matter). That's definitely a governments at both ends thing

I won't argue with that. I think my point was China has handled this corollafungus really badly, less than honestly and inequitably. They were the ones that best knew the situation in Wuhan, and it was incumbent on their Gov't to act responsibly towards the world, accordingly. They didn't. Hence they have things to apologise for, IMO.

Â