Generic Virus Thread

villakram

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My personal email test result had a subject with Your COVID-19 swab test result. 
Mine was via ipsos mori though. Any NHS results people able to check the sender format and title of the email. 

My cousin had negative test results so whilst the wording of her email was slightly different it still may be legit.

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My cousin had negative test results so whilst the wording of her email was slightly different it still may be legit.

He might be telling the truth. Its difficult to tell as its just an email which is very easy to fake. 

The covid app, it’s not that great is it.

I’ve had one weekly report since I’ve had the app. Nothing for the first couple of weeks, then a ‘weekly report’ that told me there was nothing to report. No weekly reports for the month or so since that.

Today, sat in the house on my own, I had the little virus icon flash up, the start of a message, then it disappeared off the phone and there’s no record of it. Checked on the web, apparently this is a known glitch. But then it also says, this known glitch was fixed 2 weeks ago!

Junk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve had one weekly report since I’ve had the app. Nothing for the first couple of weeks, then a ‘weekly report’ that told me there was nothing to report. No weekly reports for the month or so since that.

Today, sat in the house on my own, I had the little virus icon flash up, the start of a message, then it disappeared off the phone and there’s no record of it. Checked on the web, apparently this is a known glitch. But then it also says, this known glitch was fixed 2 weeks ago!

Junk.

Me and my wife both got notifications a couple of weeks ago, we tapped it without reading it thinking it would launch the app but then it vanished and we were left wondering what it said. After a google we saw it was a fault. Literally not a peep out of the app aside from that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've been sent this (boring) video on WhatsApp and have spent an hour trying to prove it's absolute bollocks.

Most of it isn't worth watching, but you can see the supposed email from the NHS near the end.

Anyone with evidence to help me support a "defo bullshit" argument would be met with a virtual round of applause...

My negative test -

https://ibb.co/3BLnDq4

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Absolutely. What the hell do the University think they are playing at?

Not sure.

It was Manchester Uni who thought they could get away with effectively confining them all to their rooms/halls over that first weekend and had to row back and admit they had no legal powers to do it, wasn't it?

• Like 1

Operation Moonshot: rapid Covid test missed over 50% of cases in pilot

A rapid coronavirus test at the heart of Boris Johnson’s mass-testing strategy missed more than 50% of positive cases in an Operation Moonshot pilot in Greater Manchester, the Guardian can reveal.

The 20-minute tests, on which the government has spent £323m for use with hospital and care home staff with no symptoms, identified only 46.7% of infections during a crucial trial in Manchester and Salford last month.

Scientists with Greater Manchester’s mass testing expert group (MTEG) raised significant concerns about the accuracy of the OptiGene Direct RT-Lamp tests this week, and said the technology should not be widely used as intended in hospitals or care homes.

The MTEG, which reports to the region’s health chiefs and the Greater Manchester (GM) mayor, Andy Burnham, revealed their concerns about the Operation Moonshot findings to Martyn Pritchard, the chair of the region’s testing strategy group on Monday.

In a letter seen by the Guardian, they wrote: “The current available data from the Manchester pilot shows low sensitivity (46.7%) of the Direct RT-Lamp platform,” which is favoured for use in hospitals because of its ability to produce results in around 20 minutes.

They wrote that “a high proportion of samples collected from infected individuals in a ‘real world’ setting would not be detected” using the technology, and added: “MTEG have significant concerns and do not feel the data supported the investment in the large scale rollout of Direct RT-Lamp saliva testing in any of the proposed clinical settings considered (hospital staff, care staff, community settings) at this time.”

...more

£9,200 for fees plus accommodation costs I’d want a better **** fence than that AND I would expect all the good stuff to be on the inside.

What is the thought process of the microdick nutter that thinks they’ll put heras fencing around a compound without warning and it’ll all work out fine?

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Junk.

Yep. I deleted it as a waste of space. 

• Like 1

Â