Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Why is there a run on bottled water? The taps still **** work! 

For now!.. Won't be long till the Corona zombies are running havoc in tunnels and sewers underneath our feet. 

Cuomo declares state of emergency in New York as state coronavirus cases soar to 89

Gov. Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency Saturday as the number of coronavirus cases in New York jolted upward, with 89 people now confirmed sick, including 12 in the Big Apple.

One of the new city cases is a 33-year-old Uber driver from the Rockaways who worked on Long Island; he is in isolation in Queens hospital in “serious” condition, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

Remaining “calm” is not a priority — testing is, he said.

“I’m not urging calm,” Cuomo said, in a shot at those who have repeatedly called for calm in the face of recent COVID-19-roiled stock market swings.

“I’m urging reality,” the governor said at a noon press conference in Albany.

“I’m urging a factual response as opposed to an emotional response.”

:snip:

The White House said neither President Trump nor Vice President Pence had been in close proximity to the infected person while attending the conference.

“I’m not concerned at all,” the president said Saturday when asked about the coronavirus getting closer to the White House.

“We’ll hold tremendous rallies,” he added when asked if he’ll continue big campaign events.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/cuomo-declares-state-of-emergency-as-new-york-state-coronavirus-cases-soar-to-76/

It's really important that you go test yourselves, we also want you to pay $3400 for the privilege to do so.

Can the US handle stuff like this or will Manhattan be panic and Snake Plissken territory withing a week?

If anyone needs any bog roll get yourselves up to Tesco's at Six Ways Erdington, they've got loads in there, obviously the Erdo's aren't overly concerned with the Bat Flu

Having said that I reckon that with Erdington being such a festering shit hole anyway the Coronavirus probably wouldn't be able to breed here so we should be alright.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

If anyone needs any bog roll get yourselves up to Tesco's at Six Ways Erdington, they've got loads in there, obviously the Erdo's aren't overly concerned with the Bat Flu

Having said that I reckon that with Erdington being such a festering shit hole anyway the Coronavirus probably wouldn't be able to breed here so we should be alright.

Sainsburys at Mere Green has toilet roll stock as well, albeit not as much as normal. 

Nothing says self isolation from a killer virus like overpriced quilted bum paper. 

• Haha 1

Think we'll be fine here where I live when it comes to bog paper.

There is 2 huge paper mills in close proximity so if it all goes to shit I guess we'll just have to go loot them :hooray:

Also have a coffee roasting plant near by so that's sorted as well.

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

Just had the dearest shit of my life,

No bog paper so had to wipe my arse on a tenna! 

How are the new polymer notes on the ring piece?

I've only done it with an old paper £50 note ;)

• Haha 1

Beeb:

Gel price ramping

Analysis from Liberty Marketing has found UK own-brand hand sanitisers are being sold on eBay for huge mark ups, with Lidl 49p sanitisers selling for as much as £24.99 online.

Morrison's £2 hand sanitiser is being sold for £29.99 - a 1,400% increase.

The Tesco Health Antibacterial Hand Gel (50ml) is just 75p in-store and is being sold for as much as £9 on eBay, a 1,100% hike.

Other supermarkets included in the research include Asda, with a 2,629% increase, and Morrisons, with a 1,400% increase. Sainsbury's did not sell its own brand.

Bunch of cases in Sweden with people coming home the US and having caught it over there.

The number of unrecorded cases in the US might be quite high considering it's too expensive for most people to take the tests.

• Like 1

Primary school (St Gabriel’s) closed in Tamworth due to a staff member testing positive for the virus. They say it’s for a few days to perform a deep clean.

Wondering if the other schools will all panic and close too.

No word from anyone of the short term environmental effects of mass usage and hence dumping of anti-bacterials into the water treatment systems and broader environment.

When is clean, too clean?

A pre-emptive strike against our potential insect overlords I guess has some strategic merit, but they've not be all that threatening when compared with what humans have been up to lately, modulo those scary-assed locust infestations.

• Like 1

The Swedish Bagdad Bob that is Anders Tegnell has now retracted his statement from 2 days ago where he claimed that the peak was reached when it came to infected in Sweden after the number infected climbed from 137 to 203 in 1 day. 

"I was too optimistic"

Anders Tegnell, statsepidemiolog.

He is now saying the numbers will start to go down tomorrow. He is a moron and a dangerous one at that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â