Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’m not sure the type of thicko that buys all the hand gel so nobody else can wash their hands has really done any deep thinking. Ever.

I'd have thought that the real selfish bastards would NOT bother washing their hands - after all, it won't stop you getting it, it just helps to prevent you passing it to others if you already have it. So, as you say, they should want to make sure everybody else has plenty of soap. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have I missed something with this whole toilet paper thing?

Does the virus give you rampant shits?

Or was it just mentioned by someone and now that’s a self perpetuating panic buying because other people are panic buying?

I’m not sure the type of thicko that buys all the hand gel so nobody else can wash their hands has really done any deep thinking. Ever.

Just asked my wife the same thing. Am I missing something?

There's a Welshman who comes to my bar almost every day and he insists on shaking hands EVERY time. I'll have to break the bad news to him tonight that it's fist bumps only from now on. Poor bastard will be devastated.

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

CDC asking every American over 60 to stay home as much as possible. This is looking pretty bad.

All they need to do now is cut off electricity to the White House and the US has a fighting chance again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Or was it just mentioned by someone and now that’s a self perpetuating panic buying because other people are panic buying?

Not just loo roll. She said the the pasta aisle had been wiped out, next to no cleaning products left and not a pack of pain relief/cold & flu stuff/cough mixture in sight. 

The problem is, what are ‘normal’ people supposed to do if this is how it is, before it’s even properly kicked off? 

I’m more worried about how quickly people will go feral, than I am about the actual virus. 

It’s going to be a clusterf**k, wrapped up in an omnishambles. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Not just loo roll. She said the the pasta aisle had been wiped out, next to no cleaning products left and not a pack of pain relief/cold & flu stuff/cough mixture in sight. 

The problem is, what are ‘normal’ people supposed to do if this is how it is, before it’s even properly kicked off? 

I’m more worried about how quickly people will go feral, than I am about the actual virus. 

Yeah I'm wondering how long it will be before the looting starts.  To be fair the supermarket I went to today was perfectly civilised.  I'm actually down to just over one bog roll and don't want to be seen buying more in case people think I'm a hoarding clearing in the woods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

There's a Welshman who comes to my bar almost every day and he insists on shaking hands EVERY time. I'll have to break the bad news to him tonight that it's fist bumps only from now on. Poor bastard will be devastated.

Fist bumps ... shakes head and tuts to himself 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

People are idiots.

The end.

• Like 1

Turns out facemasks DO protect you from this virus, which is mostly transmitted through droplets that most masks catch. It's not 100% protection, but it does help. Glad I've got two quality ones in the mail!

Italian authorities are expected to decide on Saturday night to ban entry and exit without special reasons from Lombardy, Reuters writes.

Another 11 provinces in regions in the worst-affected areas of Veneto, Emilia Romagna and Piedmont are to be subject to the same travel ban, according to Reuters.

Residents in the areas covered by the regulation are urged to move around only to meet basic work needs, or in an emergency, reports SVT.

Not quite China levels perhaps but still extraordinary.

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

had to do a walk of shame back to the car as people looked at me as if to say “ you clearing in the woods “ 

Thought you would be used to that by now ;)

I need to buy 100 toilet rolls, 25 packs of dried penne and 1000 paracetamol to help build a model of the Birmingham Selfridges I'm working on but people will just assume i'm stockpiling :(

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

And people (the same people likely) think we would sail through No Deal Brexit 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â