Generic Virus Thread

villakram

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just wondered. I take it you did your research before going  to have the vaccine. 

Not specifically. I already understood how conventional and mRNA vaccines are developed ad tested. I new what trials had been carried out. I also had my annual flu vaccinations when those were offered, like every year.

There was nothing particularly novel. Money made the testing go faster than usual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It wasn’t an anti vax post . Just wondered whether limpid researched it first as I assumed he would carrying on from a brief conversation earlier .

Us plebs in general don’t know what’s in any of the medicines and vaccines we, and and loved ones have been taking all our lives. We put our trust in the doctors, scientists and regulators to ensure they are tested and safe (of course there will be people that can’t take very common drugs like aspirin and penicillin).

The covid vaccine is no different for me. I’m not a chemist, but if the recommendation from people who do know what they’re talking about is to take it then I’ll take it.

The fact that throbbers were against it only reinforces the decision that taking it is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Us plebs in general don’t know what’s in any of the medicines and vaccines we, and and loved ones have been taking all our lives. We put our trust in the doctors, scientists and regulators to ensure they are tested and safe (of course there will be people that can’t take very common drugs like aspirin and penicillin).

The covid vaccine is no different for me. I’m not a chemist, but if the recommendation from people who do know what they’re talking about is to take it then I’ll take it.

The fact that throbbers were against it only reinforces the decision that taking it is the right thing to do.

Yep, penicillin for me.  It was detected at a young age when I would come out in all sorts of bumps and spots after taking it.  No pill, vaccine or other medicine is the panacea we all want it to be, but if it helps turn the tide against serious disease or just serious illness in general then I have no reason other than trust our medical professionals.

I have to say, my Mom was part of an immunotherapy trial for lung cancer (as I've posted before).  She was lucky to have had the Rolls Royce treatment as part of the trial (more expensive chemo and constant monitoring etc) and is now cancer free for going on 5 years.  It turned out that she was on the placebo drug and the Professor in charge had to double-check quite a few times when he saw the progress of her tumour shrinkage.  Others, sadly, who were on the trial (and on the immunotherapy drug) didn't survive.  I would like to think though that with these kinds of trials, that maybe, there is some kind of panacea for certain types of disease at some form in the future and we should thank all of the brave souls who said "yes" (including those who trialled the Covid vaccines). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trekka said:

Yep, penicillin for me.  It was detected at a young age when I would come out in all sorts of bumps and spots after taking it

Penicillin has saved literally 10’s of millions of lives and dying of things like a chest infection or a nasty cut are a thing of the past.

On the basis some people get very ill if they take it do these anti-vaxxers deny their kids of the medicine that will most likely make them better? Of course they don’t, because there isn’t a social media campaign against it.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Penicillin has saved literally 10’s of millions of lives and dying of things like a chest infection or a nasty cut are a thing of the past.

On the basis some people get very ill if they take it do these anti-vaxxers deny their kids of the medicine that will most likely make them better? Of course they don’t, because there isn’t a social media campaign against it.

I think that was kind of my point when I posted about helping to turn the tide against serious disease or illness.  For me, Pencillin is a "no" as written in my Dr's notes due to a minor reaction but there is no reason to deny it to anyone else on the basis that medical evidence proves it to be safe.   

• Like 1

We had a Chinese takeaway for tea tonight so I grabbed a Pizza from Domino’s for the kids, they had this sign on the counter.

I’m not sure if they are really early on the mpox risk or late from covid 19

IMG-1512.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

We had a Chinese takeaway for tea tonight so I grabbed a Pizza from Domino’s for the kids, they had this sign on the counter.

IMG-1512.jpg

Make your own pizza, you lazy git.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

IMG-1512.jpg

Or just contributing to the death of cash so they don't have to deal with it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

IMG-1512.jpg

We've had our eye on a sign outside the chaplain's office at our local hospital, we can't decide if it's regarding covid, Gaza, Ukraine, or the millennium bug. I felt like going in to discuss the rebrand of Jif to Cif.

gmMrkaO.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Or just contributing to the death of cash so they don't have to deal with it. 

The “during this time” bit really confuses me

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Genie said:

The “during this time” bit really confuses me

I think you're reading too much into it.  It is like "for now" as they won't state when cash payments will be accepted again.  "During this time" could last forever...

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â